Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Single Core PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperthread on NT: using for normal charting /DOM setup

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
    Paul,

As mentioned, the way indicator calculations are done is a limitation of NinjaTrader 7.

Going to a new CPU or adding more RAM may only achieve little performance gains, especially if you are already using an overclocked CPU.

You are running 33 charts with data collecting indicators, our recommended steps would be to remove to find where you are no longer experiencing any performance related hang ups.

Adding multi-core and mult-thread support for indicator/NinjaScript calculations is something that is going to be added with the next major version of NinjaTrader.

If you have not yet, I suggest taking the time and watching the two Preview events hosted by BigMike.

NT 8 Preview #1
    BMT is now futures.io. Follow our new channel https://www.youtube.com/c/futuresio?sub_confirmation=1

NT 8 Preview #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWAa...-cWIzw&index=2

Cameron,

Thank you for your further feedback.
    Let's suppose I'm willing to use 3 different feeds, splitting the Ninjatrader 33 charts over 3 different PCs (or VMs) using 3 licenses. (there are some brokers that offer a Rithmic Zenfire additional feed to customers for a nominal monthly fee).

Probably in this scenario I should get benefit using an i7 3930K CPU that has 6 physical/12 virtual cores vs. 4/8 of the current i7 860?

Anyway in a single PC with 4 physical /8 virtual cores CPU, would you suggest to use the Hyper-threading feature or not?

I'm talking about realtime charting use as described, not for backtesting or other optimizations.
    Last edited by paulg; 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Paul,

You would need to test this on your own, running 3 virtual machines may cause other performance related issues.

We cannot give specific hardware recommendations, just keep the current indicator calculation limitation in mind.
      CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      1 response
      0 likes