Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I stay in a long position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I stay in a long position?

Hi,

If I am in a long position and I have a trigger to exit/reverse the position EXCEPT if 1 particular criteria exists. In that particular instance, I would EITHER like to keep the long position OR initiate a new long position.

However I am encountering an "Ignored PlaceOrder". It has to do with Entry Handling and Entries Per Direction.

If I set entry handling to unique entries and entries per direction to 1, it will make a trade as long as the signal name is different and there is no existing position. And this will not solve my problem of staying long, right?

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Regards

Kay Wai
    Last edited by kaywai; 09-12-2011, 02:28 AM. Reason: to provide more information

Hi Kay, sorry I'm not following what you're running into here : so you're getting an exit if you wish to remain long as your specific criteria for keeping the trade is hitting? Can you please clarify further?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Typically the trigger will result in an exitlong except under 1 condition, that is, it will result in a position reversal except under 1 condition.

And for that particular condition, I would like, if possible, stay long OR exit the current long position and initiate another long position.

Thoughts, please?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Kay, it sounds to me then like you would need to debug your order placement logic taking into consideration your differentiation in scenarios in which you would exit / reverse / stay with the trade. You will see the Ignored PlaceOrder typically as you're running into the entry Handling or internal order handling rules.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Belfortbucks  
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes