Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help...

I currently use the built-in "DailyLevels" indicator to draw a simple line at the High and Low.. Is there any way or does anyone have a script that allows me to specify the time window to consider for High and Low? Currently DailyLevels it simply uses the current Session loaded and it is a nuisance to have to switch sessions to a custom session to achieve what I want..

Would be handy if Ninja allowed one to specify when ANY indicator was effective so one could load multiple instances of the same indicator to do different things...

Thanks if you can help.

Hello Rashid Garuba,

Thank you for your post.

You can create a time filter to only check between certain times. Please see our Reference Sample on Using a Time Filter to Limit Trade hours:

While this sample is for a strategy and trades times, you can apply the same logic to an indicator to only check during that time period.

A few other methods that may be of use for you:

HighestBar() - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...highestbar.htm
    LowestBar() - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?lowestbar.htm
    Getbar() - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tml?getbar.htm
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Check out the trendspotter code in the NT7 indicator samples. That might give you some other ideas.

Originally posted by Rashid Garuba View Post
      I currently use the built-in "DailyLevels" indicator to draw a simple line at the High and Low.. Is there any way or does anyone have a script that allows me to specify the time window to consider for High and Low? Currently DailyLevels it simply uses the current Session loaded and it is a nuisance to have to switch sessions to a custom session to achieve what I want..

Would be handy if Ninja allowed one to specify when ANY indicator was effective so one could load multiple instances of the same indicator to do different things...

Thanks if you can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes