Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Questions

Is it possible to set a condition in the market analyzer such that only those instruments whose price is greater than a specific moving average would be displayed?

I watched all the videos pertaining to market analyzer yet cannot figure this out. Is it possible to do this?

Also, is it possible to only display rows whose price is within a certain percentage of a specific indicator (moving average, 52 week high, etc.)?

Thank you

strategy1, for this you would need to create indicators in our NinjaScript that track those conditions and use them those in connection with the MA filtering options.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These indicators already exist.

Can you please be more specific. These indicators already exist within NinjaTrader. There is already an SMA as well as the 52 Week Hi indicator.

All I want to do is use them within the market analyzer window (as per my initial post). This ought to be very simple to do. You mean the capability to do this IS NOT THERE?

Comment

You would need to custom an indicator that would track for example the relation of the stock price to the 52 week highs or a given MA value and then issue a signal once you're setup / condition is seen. This value could then be used in the MA for filtering conditions.

Comment

Can you please be more detailed. It appears to be too much work for something that ought to be very very simple.
          There is already an SMA field that I can use in Market Analyzer. All I want to do is to list all stocks whose price is above an SMA.
          It appears to be a MAJOR LIMITATION of NT not to be able to do something as simple and intuitive as this.

Comment

Unfortunately this would still need to be custom coded - you could compare the SMA value you generate to a constant value to raise an alert or row highlighting, but you could not compare the price to the dynamic / changing SMA value - this will need to be done via coding in an indicator that you could then load into your MA - for getting started with NinjaScript please see those tutorials here :

If you're not a programmer a certified NinjaScript consultant could assist :

Comment

Can this be added to NECESSARY ENHANCEMENT LIST

This seems like a HUGE workaround for something so simple. The SMA indicator is already there. But in order to use it in the market analyzer one has to custom code it?

Again all I want to see is a list of stocks that are above or below a specific SMA and the percentage they are above or below. This ought to be natively available in Market Analyzer. Isn't it a basic thing that people look at when they analyze something?

Can this be added to the necessary enhancement list?

Comment

strategy1, thanks for your continued feedback here - I agree that would be a handy feature. We've added your thoughts on our product enhancement lists under # 1301.

We appreciate you taking the time to help make NinjaTrader even better,
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 09-29-2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Market Analyzer vs. Scanner.

Having now taken a closer look at the Market Analyzer I realize that it cannot be used as a Scanner, which I thought it was, for it lacks the ability to scan for among other things the simple (very simple actually) conditions such as price being above or below an SMA (and by how much or below it is in terms of percentage or point value), same with 52 Weeks HI, and other data elements, all of which are already available within NinjaTrader.

Thus, is my conclusion that the market analyzer is indeed not a Scanner correct, or am I looking at it different than most people?

Would it therefore make sense to develop a Scanner that would have this functionality vs. enhancing Market Analyzer to include it?

Has anyone else suggested building a scanner that would have this and other similar functionality available?

Thanks

Comment

Hello strategy1,

The Market Analyzer can be used as a scanner, however it does take custom programming to make comparisons. Adding this as a native functionality is listed as a possible enhancement, however as it exists currently you will need to custom code this.

You can using the Market Analyezr to scan for basic conditions like if the RSI value is greater than X for example. However if you want to compare two indicators and scan based off these conditions, it would take custom programming.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes