Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi-series help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-series help

Hi, I am new to Ninja Trader however I am a proficient C# developer and certified DBA.

I've been looking around to see how it would be possible to implement an automated trading strategy which utilizes 2 or 3 series.

For example, many traders who trade intraday would be looking at 1x series time based chart, for example a 30 second minute chart and comparing the movements or trends with a longer time scale chart, for example, this may be coupled with a 5 minute chart and a 15 minute chart to get a better reading of the market trend.

Now at the point where I see my trigger patterns on the 30 second chart, for example, I see that I have a particular pattern of bars and the bar that had just closed is above some EMA's, How would I be able to access the exact values of the EMA's let's say in the 5 minute or 15 minute charts at this precise point in time with regards to the exact trading price or XLast?

I know I would have to select, calculate on barclose for the 30 second chart to True and false for the other series, however I have not found any solid example of how to access the other series values from my 30 second chart.

I need to do this so that I can confirm a trend or identify a pattern.

Is this possible? Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. Even if it is a sample script that maybe almost unrelated but shows the ability to access the precise values of the other series at that instant.

Many thanks in advance.

David

Hi David,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums! Yes this is possible in multiseries framework, available in indicators and strategies. You can see a sample built into all installations with Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy > SampleMultiTimeFrame.

Documentation on this feature is here:

You would never dynamically set CalculateOnBarClose setting. The bar referencing model in multiseries scripts changes depending on whether you're using it in historical/cobc = true setting or real time/cobc = false. This is detailed in the link above. See the section: How Bar Data is Referenced
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes