Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

showing plots in 2 different panels from one indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

showing plots in 2 different panels from one indicator

How can I achieve the above - ie plotting some lines on one panel and some other on another?
    I know I can do it through developing another indicator but that would waste of resources.
    Is there another way?
    Thanks

I don't think it can be done. There was a similar post recently.

Unless you have 500 of these indicators, or using a 486DX2, wasting resources is not really applicable??!

Originally posted by DLatNT View Post
    How can I achieve the above - ie plotting some lines on one panel and some other on another?
    I know I can do it through developing another indicator but that would waste of resources.
    Is there another way?
    Thanks

Comment

I just saw an answer in a thread few lines below my entry - So I know I cannot achieve that?
      Is is possible to do through a strategy? I have never developed strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        I don't think it can be done. There was a similar post recently.

Unless you have 500 of these indicators, or using a 486DX2, wasting resources is not really applicable??!
        Thanks sledge. I agree but it was about my resources as well. Anyway, I saw that post after I had entered the question.
        Do you know if a strategy would do it?

Comment

Thanks sledge. I agree but it was about my resources as well. Anyway, I saw that post after I had entered the question.
          Do you know if a strategy would do it?

I don't know what NT does internally.

If you have a 5 minute chart up with an indicator, and have a strategy with a 5 minute chart and the same indicator, I don't know if they are the same. It maybe something that has been answered before, but I don't recall details. Hopefully NT_Support can answer fully.

I found the post that i saw (which maybe what you saw):

Comment

Hello All,

Sledge is correct that it is not currently possible. You would have to create another indicator.

You can duplicate the indicator in the strategy, however this would not reduce the resources that would be used by just running two indicators.

When using a strategy, it is not possible to draw or plot in a separate panel. You will be restricted to drawing/plotting on the price panel.

Your best bet in this case would be to create another indicator.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Is there another way?
              Thanks
              That depends on whether you are plotting or drawing. NT makes the distinction. You plot using the Plot() method, either the base, or an override: drawing is done with various specific constructs for different drawing types.

You cannot plot on more than one panel: you can actually draw on the indicator panel and the price panel both, but it would appear from the statements that NT support makes, that that was not a design decision; it appears to be just a fortuitous result of the NT framework's design. They actually thought that it was not possible to do so.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse