Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with indicator ported to another machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with indicator ported to another machine

Greetings,

I have an indicator that I had running on another computer, version 6.5 of NT. I had used it many times without problems. My old computer died so I installed version 6.5 on my new computer and "imported" the indicator. It now will not run at all even though I have not changed the code. The error in the log is:

"index and length must refer to a location in the string. Parameter name: length"

Can somebody please explain why this is happening? Even if I remove the 2 instances of the "length" command within my script it appears several times in the "NinjaScript generated" at the end of the file (which is not to be changed)...how is it my previously running flawlessly indicator is now throwing these nonsensical errors when I haven't changed anything except the computer that is running NT???? Thanks in advance.

Burga1, how did you import the script to your new computer? Is that error coming from a line of code that is trying to parse a string into a number?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I imported using the standard built-in tools within NT to import/export NinjaScripts. Yes the length command is to return the number character positions in the string. I have a couple of them but if I comment them out so as to remove them I still get the error...I notice there are a couple more of them in the Ninja Generated code section...so I guess they are throwing the error...?

Comment

Burga1,

If you post your script we can take a look, otherwise this issue is a little difficult to resolve as there is not enough information.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually I cannot post my code, I have tried but am informed that it is too long...how can I submit it to you?

Comment

Hi Burga1,

We can't offer any guarantees that we can fix the code issue you're seeing, but are happy to give it a quick look. You can post the file to these forums or send to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. Please attach files only and not raw text. Include a link to this thread.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses