Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Toolbar Buttons indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolbar Buttons indicator

I have a Toolbar indicator to manage and execute my trades with buttons for Buy, Sell, Buy Stop, Sell Stop, Close, etc). However, the Close button does not obey the SendKeys.Send() script command to close my trades. I run my NT/Windows XP in a Mac OS X/VMWare Fusion environment; I use a Mac machine. Interestingly, this issue does not arise on NT running natively on Windows. I've setup all the required Keyboard mappings on my VMWare Fusion but this does not resolve the issue.

I'm aware that Toolbar Strategies to implement the same management and execution of trades, obey the strategy Close script command (e. g. AtmStrategyClose()) to close trades even on the same NT/Windows XP/Mac OS X/VMWare Fusion environment.

In view of all the above, I'm inclined to implement an equivalent script command to the strategy Close command (AtmStrategyClose()) but which is called within an indicator. Is there any such script command ?

Lolu

Hi Lolu, an interesting report - so if you use the regular CLOSE button pressed with your mouse that would work in both setup environments, correct?

The AtmStrategyClose() could be used in NinjaScript but only from a strategy.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Lolu, an interesting report - so if you use the regular CLOSE button pressed with your mouse that would work in both setup environments, correct?

The AtmStrategyClose() could be used in NinjaScript but only from a strategy.
      Yes, I'm aware that the AtmStrategyClose() only works in Strategy mode and scripting.

Yes, the regular CLOSE button on the ChartTrader works in all situations and environment (including my Mac OS X/VMWare/Windows/NT environment). What I want is for the CLOSE button in my Toolbar indicator (using the SendKeys.Send() command) to work too, in all situations, including my Mac OS X/VMWare/Windows/NT environment. So, is there a command script equivalent to AtmStrategyClose() that can be called within an indicator ? Better still, what is the command script for ChartTrader CLOSE button ?

Lolu

Comment

Lolu, unfortunately I could not give you a method hint here, there would be the unsupported FlattenEverything call, but that's no suitable for your needs here.

Comment

Lolu, unfortunately I could not give you a method hint here, there would be the unsupported FlattenEverything call, but that's no suitable for your needs here.
          What is the script format for FlattenEverything ? I want to explore and assess its suitability.

Lolu

Comment

Lolu, that would be
            Code:
            NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverything();
            But please not that this would be unsupported NinjaScript and you would play around there on your own.

Comment

Lolu, that would be
              Code:
              NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverything();
              But please not that this would be unsupported NinjaScript and you would play around there on your own.
              No, no, ... I can't use that .... that is for the DOM. In any case, thanks, I appreciate your assistance.

Lolu

Comment

It's calling a method from the DOM GUI, but works without one open as well.

Comment

That's good ... I'll assess its suitability.

Lolu

Comment

Is there a NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.BreakEven() script command (even if unsupported), or any other script command to do BE call from an indicator.

Lolu

Comment

Sorry Lolu, none that I would be aware of at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post techgetgame  
                      Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes