• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Newbie Request: Need Script Expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Request: Need Script Expert

Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has a good grasp on Ninjascript and who would be willing to write a script for me.

I couldn't Ninjascript my way out of a wet paper bag and have no desire to learn how to do it.

I don't believe, but am willing to be corrected, that what I want is likely not too difficult. It's just that I am not, and will never be a coder.

So, here is what I want to do. If you'd be willing to help or could point me in the right direction then I'd sure appreciate it.

In eSignal and/or Tradestation, there is a symbol you can put directly into a chart that measures the difference between the up and down volume of an index. It will also plot as a candlestick chart. This symbol (as far as I know) is available for the NYSE, NASDAQ and possibly the AMEX.

I know the symbol in both eSignal and Tradestation for this volume difference indicator is $VOLD for the NYSE. For NASDAQ they are $VOLDQ and $VOLQD for both eSignal and Tradestation respectively.

I am using Kinetick as a data provider. While they have Up Volume and Down Volume symbols separately, they don't have a symbol to plot the difference between the two like eSignal or Tradestation.

If anyone would be willing to code this for me and/or suggest something else then I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

I can be reached at [email protected]

If you are interested and/or willing to do this then please email me with the subject line "Ninjatrader Indicator Help" in the subject line so I can keep my eyes open. Perhaps, there is something in my skill set that I can help you with. Let's discuss!

Hi timfor,

Thanks for the post. If you are not able to get a response from another community member on this, you may consider working with our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi timfor,

Is " NYSE NET VOLUME ", Kinetick symbol " JVNT.Z " what you're looking for ?
      If it is, I believe it has to be added to the "Instrument Manager" as a custom symbol.

Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benjamind10, Today, 07:27 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post benjamind10  
      Started by YevhenShynkarenko, Today, 06:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes