Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Paint bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint bar

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem i have been trying to figure out for a while.

I use a macd paintbar to color bars. At the moment it is programed to do the following: the price is coming down on red bars. when the macd line crosses the zero line up, the bar is colored blue. what i am looking for is à way to automaticly print the first two bars after the cross not blue but yellow. If the third bar still is above the zero line, the bar must be colored blue. If its not, the bar must be go back to red. In conclusion: after a cross of the zero line, the first 2 bars must be yellow.

I really hope that someone can help me with this.

Hi roel11,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. Sequences are possible in NinjaScript using bool flags or user variables. There is a sample on using user variables for sequences, available here:

If you are not a programmer or have limited time to make the desired modifications to your indicator, any of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants can assist. They could make modifications to existing scripts or create from scratch.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja sent me an indie .zip file I could use so that when MACD (12) crosses above 0 line, Bars turn Cyan, long; and when MACD crosses below 0, bars turn RED, short. I can not locate that indie. can you send it to me?

thanks,

Scottiep
      Long Term NT7 user
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 11-18-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Hello Scottiep,

Thanks for your reply.

I have removed your email address as this will likely result in lots of spam and it is fine to upload indicators to the forum or provide links to them.
        I do not see this type of indicator however publicly available on the support forum. This would need to be custom coded. If you know around what date this was sent to you I could look at your email history with NinjaTrader and see if I can find it in there.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think Ryan may have done it. Around 2012??? Thanks

Comment

Hello Scottiep,

Thanks for your reply.

The furthest back I can see for your emails is late 2013. I will not be able to retrieve the file sent to you.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can a Ninja Support person pls. help me??? I use NT7. I need an indie that paints the bars Cyan when MACD 12 crosses above zero (Not 26), then when Same 12 MACD crosses below zero changes bars to red. Ninja helped me with this long ago, but with Windows 10- everything is OK. I am trading Live with Ninja Dorman IRA and hope you will help me as I am not a programmer. I hope you will give me a hand. (I have imported futures-io indies but they corrupt my NT7 Library. Your support staff had to correct the errors last week- then yesterday again. I don't trust BMT/Futures-io's indies as a result. Pls forward a .zip file I can import. Thank you. Scottiep
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 09-29-2016, 07:14 AM. Reason: removed users personal information

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately our support would not be able to create items for you directly, in the case you wanted to program this item yourself we could assist with providing information for you to learn from.

If you are instead looking for a programmer, please email our platform support @ ninjatrader dot com and I could have our business development department reach out to you to provide resources on that subject.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Radano
                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                0 responses