Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to Sync Chart Resuts to Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Sync Chart Resuts to Market Analyzer

Just want to start out by saying, I just started to dabble in trying to write an NT
    script, so be gentle. :-)

I wrote a script to drawDots on the chart and set a certain value (for the Market Analyzer when a certain pattern was found.
    On the chart the dots are drawn perfectly, exactly the way they're supposed to be, but the values in the Market Analyzer doesn't synchronize with what's on the charts
    even though they should be initiated at the same time. The results are totally different from one another.
    I set the calculate on close to false and true (at separate times). Neither seems to correct the problem.
    (Side Note: Yesterday, it seemed to work perfectly with the calculate on close set to "True", but I didn't change anything today. I didn't even close the NT program from yesterday)

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Example Below:

if ((SMA(1)[1] < SMA(1)[0]) && (SMA(1)[1] < SMA(1)[2]) && (Close[0]>High[1]))
    {
    DrawDot(CurrentBar.ToString()+"bullish",AutoScale, 0,Low[0]-TickSize,Color.Green);
    maOutput.Set(100);
    }

Hi RookieTrader,

Charts and market analyzer will use the same data, so likely there is a configuration difference. The two most common ones that should be looked at are days/bars to load and session template.

Market analyzer:
    Session template is controlled in the market analyzer Right Click > Properties screen.
    Bars to load is controlled with the indicator settings (Columns). You can also set a default bars to load in MAs right click > properties screen.

Charts
    Days/Bars to load and session template is controlled in the right click > Data Series screen.

Make sure these settings are the same between chart and market analyzer, and you should see similar results.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan my man, PERFECT!!! if you only knew how much help this was. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank You!

Comment

You're welcome. I'm happy that took care of the differences you were seeing.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes