• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Replay Connection Only Replay some hours of each day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Connection Only Replay some hours of each day

Hi,

I have problems using the Market Replay Connection for forex instruments.
    My Laptop is now set to GMT time, but it had been set to New York Time and to
    GMT+1 time before. I have been collecting data since 2008.

When I try to replay a day, say the 27th of Dezember 2011 I experience the following
    behaviour:
    1) Historical Data is already loaded up till 5am for the 27th of Dezember (see screenshot Start-Replay) but the 'Replay' window says I am starting on the 26.at 5am
    2) I start the replay and NOTHING happens till the clock passes 24:00:00 (the 27th starts) at which time an enormous large candel is formed representng the artifical difference from 5am to the price at the start of the 27th 00:00:00 GMT (see screenshot 'Artifical large candel')
    3) Price action continues in replay as long as 5am is not reached, still displaying a gigantic large candle. At 5am it stops (see screenshot 'Price action stops at 5am '
    and no price action for the 27th will be displayed.
    4) At 00:00:00 on the 28th I will get the next 5 hours of price action till 5am this time replayed as expected except for the fact that the replay stops at 5am on the 28th ( see screenshot 'Only 5 hours replayed' ) and so on and on.

What can I do? Of course my main focus is to be able to replay marrket data again the way it used to work, but I would of course as well like to keep as much as possible of my real time recorded data?

Regards
    cbaer

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

cbaer,

There is no way to simultaneously use downloaded replay data as well as live recorded data. I would suggest that you choose to use one or the other. If you disable "Record for Market Replay" and then download this data using File > Utilities > Download for Replay does the same behavior occur?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      cbaer,

There is no way to simultaneously use downloaded replay data as well as live recorded data. I would suggest that you choose to use one or the other. If you disable "Record for Market Replay" and then download this data using File > Utilities > Download for Replay does the same behavior occur?
      Hi Adam,

the main purpose for me is to replay 'live' trades taken on a tick by tick basis, so I never ever have downloaded via File > Utilities > Download and had all the time "Record for Market Replay" on. I am pretty sure that I cannot download tick by tick data for several weeks or month.

The only thing I want is to replay the data that I have recorded on a tick by tick basis. And before Ninja 7.0 That simply worked. Now I am only able to replay 5h a day although I had recorded 24h? Please help me to replay all the data I have recorded,just like it used to work. I do not see the need to download any data when I already have recorded it. There must be something wrong with the timestamps you internally use to store the data. Some programmer would have to debug this, i could provide recorded files of data if you need them.

Thanks for your help,

cbaer

Comment

Adam,

I send you three files of Market Data recorded for $EURUSD of the beginning of this week.
        2012-01-01
        2012-01-02
        2012-01-03
        Please check if you can replay them and get more than 5h on a chart of $EURUSD.

Thanks a lot,

cbaer

Comment

cbaer,

Did you send these to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com? What is your email address if so?

Please let me know if I may assist further.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 01-09-2012, 10:23 AM.
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

Yes the first email was send on Jan the 6. 2012 and today I resend it to support at ninjatrader dot com again with Attn AdamP in the subject line.
            Please find a solution, as the issue is still unresolved.

Thanks a lot,

cbaer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kitwit, Yesterday, 11:59 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by otislauwaert, Today, 02:02 PM
            1 response