Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Access to Google-Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to Google-Spreadsheet

Hi,

I would like to know if it is generally possibly to access Google-Spreadsheets from a NT-Strategy. I downloaded the Data-API from Google, referenced the dll-Files and tried to run a sample code. The error I get is only the message that a reference is missing.

Is it possible to access a spreadsheet from a strategy? Does someone have a code sample for me?

Thx
    DT

DarthTraderson,

This would be possible but would require unsupported coding. Hopefully someone in the forum can help you.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

I know that it isn't a supported feature. But I hope someone can help me, maybe in case of the error message: "A reference is missing"

This message occurs during runtime not compile time. Do I have any chances to see something in a debug tool like Visual Studio? The logs and traces did not help me so far.

Thx
      DT

Comment

DarthTraderson,

Are you coding this in the NinjaScript editor that comes with NinjaTrader or some other application?

Comment

At the moment in NinjaScript-Editor. But I also have SharpDelevop for debugging-issues.

Comment

DarthTraderson,

I would be happy to see if I can point you in the right direction, however I would be unable to help debug, etc.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
            • Open NinjaTrader
            • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
            • Select an indicator and double click on it.
            • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
            • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
            • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
            • If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post the file as an attachment.

Comment

Adam, thanks for your help, but the point is a little bit more complex.
              I'm not a newbei in programming and NT-Scripting.

The only thing which is printed out, is that there are any references not found.
              So maybe another user tried to use Google Spreadsheet from an NT-Strategy.

Thx
              DT

Comment

Darthtraderson,

Without a specific error I cannot really comment. Its probably an issue with integrating the API correctly. Hopefully someone can help. You could also try other forums to see if they have information.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses