Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Mouse Click functions ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Click functions ???

2 questions:

1. Does NinJa Script have user mouse click functionality? similar to eSignal's onLButtonUp(), and onLButtonDblClk() which return the bar index, the price, and x,y coordinate on the chart where the user does a mouse click. I actually only need bar index and price.

2. Can I draw push buttons on a chart, which when clicked can call a user function, similar to eSignal's drawTextAbsolute(x, y, " Sell_Half @URL=EFS:user_function_sell_half",...);

In eSignal, when I see a trade setting up, these functions allow me to click on a bar on the chart, which sets up the pending trade's stop price below/above that bar and calculates my R-Multiple share size just with 1 click, then my next click will enter the trade with those parameters. I need to enter trades very quickly on very small time frames.

Although this is technically possible since NinjaScript is C# based this is beyond the scope of what we provide technical support for at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well,

What would be the unsupported way of implementing that? Can you give me a general idea of what would be required, and I can take if from there, I acknowledge that I would not get any support for it.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Although this is technically possible since NinjaScript is C# based this is beyond the scope of what we provide technical support for at this time.

Comment

Unfortunatey I can't since it deals with things that we do not expose nor provide support for.

Thanks for understanding.

Comment

Any plans for providing this functionality? I like various other features of your product, but being able to calculate my stop price and R-Multiple share sizing very quickly on the fly, is at the core of my trading style. I do this very easily with eSignal, I cannot use another product that does not offer that functionality.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Unfortunatey I can't since it deals with things that we do not expose nor provide support for.

Thanks for understanding.

Comment

Will add it to our list of future possible enhancements.

Comment

Has there been any changes since monpere original question

I have the same question

Does NinJa Script have user mouse click functionality? similar to eSignal's onLButtonUp(), and onLButtonDblClk() which return the bar index, the price, and x,y coordinate on the chart where the user does a mouse click. I actually only need bar index and price.

or atleast the bar index

Comment

Welcome to our support forums richbois, unfortunately this is not supported. But you can review the MSDN for related C# info to custom code this.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by sgordet, Today, 05:24 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes