Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Messaging and Assembly Resolve Event error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messaging and Assembly Resolve Event error

Hi. I am using Ninjatrader to access IQFeed because IB's TWS Market Data is extremely unreliable. However, I already have coded my program in Visual Basic, and it is quite large, so importing it into Ninjatrader would not be easy. In order to communicate Market Data, I am trying to use the OnMarketData() method to send a message to my program, through MSMQ. I have moved a copy of system.Messaging.dll into the bin\custom folder, and added a reference to it in my "strategy."

However, I cannot get it to work. I get this error: ""AssemblyResolveEvent handlers cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection "only.""

I know that this is not necessarily supported by NinjaTrader, but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if anyone has resolved it.

Thank you.

Welcome to our forums - did you restart NT7 fresh after copying the DLL in? Are you loading DLL's from .NET 2.0 and 3.5 only here? Those would be the versions NT7 could support...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Welcome to our forums - did you restart NT7 fresh after copying the DLL in? Are you loading DLL's from .NET 2.0 and 3.5 only here? Those would be the versions NT7 could support...
      That was exactly my problem! I was using the .NET 4.0 version of System.Messaging.Dll, when i switched to the 2.0 version, it worked!

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

crimson_yachiru,
        How did you install earlier version of microsoft.net? just download earlier version and install directly?
        and where did you find the 2.0 of microsoft.net?
        Thanks,

bxgforex,

Comment

System.Data.Linq

I have a problem with one of my custom indicators as it no longer accept the following line of code in the current version NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.15:

private Table<LevelsModel> usersTable;

Table relies on the System.Data.Linq reference and it was working fine when I had NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 installed but now that I have installed the current NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.15 the following error message appears:

The type or namespace name 'Table' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Another thing that I have noticed is that I no longer have .Net Framework 3.5 installed but I do have .Net Framework 4.0 and .Net Framework 4.5 installed. I have downloaded .Net Framework 3.5 and tried to install it but it will not install. What do I need to do? How do I get 3.5 installed alongside 4.5 and how do I get NinjaTrader7 to target 3.5 instead of 4.5?

Comment

dowtrader, I'm not aware of any changes going to R15 that would impact this area, the supported version of .NET did also not change with this maintenance upgrade of the platform. Which OS are you working on as this happens, Win8?
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyone who could solve the above issue. I also am facing this problem when am trying to use the SQLite DLL

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I believe this is related to your other post here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79140

This post is not the same DLL in question but a similar issue, I had replied to the other post, can you confirm if that was the solution or aids in progressing past where you are stuck? Unfortunately with third party dll files, some can be used and some can not, it really depends what the other library is doing.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Nyman
                by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                9 responses