Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator wrong during market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator wrong during market replay

I hope this is just a 6.5 bug... The inside BarCheck comparison works fine in RT, but obviously not during a market replay...
    Attached Files

Lost Trader,

Could you be a little more descriptive as to what exactly is wrong? Thanks and Merry Christmas!
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought the picture would explain.. Every BAR is highlighted as an inside bar, even when the High or Low exceeds the previous bars.

Here is what it SHOULD look like (from a real-time IQ feed last Friday)

I really did not expect anyone to be there Christmas Day!
      My condolences...
      Attached Files

Comment

What to know something else screwy... If I edit the indicators (do not even change anything, just re-apply one) the BarCheck patterns are suddenly corrected for past bars only, and past Volume bars are suddenly screwed up... Very repeatable, and during Market replay only.

Here's a before & after shot.

Current & Future bars are as before, barcheck messed up, VolumePRV fine. Just the prior day's bars are altered: barcheck ok, VolumePRV messed up.
        Attached Files

Comment

After playing with your indicator it doesn't only display the behavior you are seeing on Market Replay. It happens during Simulated Data Feed too. I do not know why you do not experience the same thing live because Market Replay and Simulated Data Feed behave in the exact same way as a live feed does.

If you set CalculateOnBarClose to true your indicator performs as expected. I believe what you are experiencing is that the logic of your indicator is firing off to paint at some point in time while the bar is still being built. This then means it starts drawing the region immediately because you have CalculateOnBarClose set to false. At the end of the bar when the condition ultimately becomes false it can't do anything about the previously drawn region so that is why you end up with every region drawn in.

Comment

Thanks, Josh. I'd wondered but it worked RT... BarCheck is at least easy to fix. I added a remove region command once the IB condition was no longer met.

My expectation is that RemoveDrawObject("tag1") will simply return cleanly if called for a tag that does not exit since I could not find a way to check for a drawn object existence.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yup. It should just return cleanly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera