Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Framework 4 dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framework 4 dll

Hello,

I need to add System.Xml.Linq dll to read data from a Web Service in one of my indicator.
    If I do so it doesn't work because it seems that System.Xml doesn't use the framework 4 version.

Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Thank you

OK sorry found the problem.

Just added System.Xml.Linq from Framework 3.5

Comment

Hello blar58,
      Glad you found the solution.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
      JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Searching through and this thread is similar to what I am looking for.

But I am using Lists and LINQ and I am wanting to use the .Zip() Method Extension. Framework 4 is installed on my machine.

Adding this to my declarations:
        Code:
        using System.Collections.Generic;  // add this declaration so you can use List()
        using System.Linq;  // add this declaration so you can use LINQ
        The 2nd line above does seem to show most of the methods when using "." after a List name, like Count(), Sort(), FindIndex() and others....

But the .Zip Method is not there?

I've tried to add the 'System.Xml.Linq.dll' reference from my c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5.

This also doesn't seem to allow the Zip() Method to be usable. I'm wondering if any of the more experienced C# users have ever gotten the Zip() method to work within NT?

Comment

Hello forrestang,

.Zip is not within the Linq namespace in .NET 3.5. This was an addition to .NET 4.0.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...t-a-zip-method
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea. I suspected that was the problem so thank you for confirming.

I am not sure how much of this works, but is there a way for NT to use Net4.0 so that I can use some of the extensions that are not in 3.5?

Comment

Hi forrestang,

No, NinjaTrader 7 is built using .NET 3.5. NinjaTrader 8 is built using .NET 4.5. It would not be possible to use 4.0+ methods in a 3.5 project.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, just following from this thread i wanted to check and confirm the .NET version required in a windows machine to run windows. Is it .NET 3.5 for the current NT7?
                I am helping someone and they are running on a vpn server environment - can it cause graphics drawing issues running ninja 7 if there is a lower version of .NET running on that virtual server machine - they are using it in chicago area for strategy and indicator proximity reasons.
                thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your post.
                  For Ninjatrader 7 these are the minimum requirements:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
                  • Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
                  • Minimum P4 Processor or higher
                  • 2GB RAM
                  • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

I would not be able to advise if running on less than .NET 3.5 would cause the issues you are reporting.
                  Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for that - it seemse they are running on vpn with .NET 3.5 but memory is 1.5GB.
                    Also in trying to help their setup is there a recommendation to how often to restart ninja 7. It seems they leave it running for days with IQ Feed connection and the issue relating to drawing graphics not appearing on the screen i have a sense may be related to memory issues as i cannot recreate on my system (non vps/vpn remote server). I tend to restart N7 daily as matter or routine and notice it operates better in doing so. I wonder if some memory corruption or allocation is possibly creating the issue. Any recommendations regarding the N7 restart and frequency to clear out memory cache used by drawing objects?
                    thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your reply.

We would not have any specific recommendation.

Restarting more often can help in certain circumstances.
                      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK I was not expecting an absolute on this but it seems vague answers are a standard part of certain forum questions at times and other questions surprisingly receive more detail. I send this reply not in annoyance and accept this is how it is but as a reflection/feedback mechanism to how this can be perceived. ie I need to figure this out for myself.

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

Restarting should only be a recommendation in specific cases. It is not a standard nor would we recommend it to all users.

If there is a memory leak that can be attributed to leaving the application open for too long then it is a larger issue that recommending restarting every day should not be recommended as the "fix" for.
                          Drawing objects are cleared from memory after 20 days in NinjaTrader 7 automatically to avoid memory related items. If you are still seeing this then I would concern myself with the number of objects on the chart.

Comment

Thank you that is most helpful particularly the part about the drawing objects after 20 days, that i was not aware of ; is there anything in the documentation for N7 for such matters or is that just some shared insight wisdom from experience?

Comment

This would be insight from experience. If you were to leave an object on a chart and then 21 days later came back to that chart you should see it removed and a message in the Log tab of the Control Center. Unfortunately, this is not listed in the Help Guide for NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 8 this does not occur so it is not documented either.

You can take a look at the performance tips available for NinjaTrader 7 when working with users on performance issues: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

Some key items to focus on when it comes to charting are the following:
                              • The DaysToLoad/BarsToLoad setting for your charts can be reduced to improve performance. This option is viewed when right clicking in your chart > selecting Data Series. For information on working with Price Data please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
                              • The indicators on the chart have two options that can be set to improve performance. The CalculateOnBarClose option can be set to True to improve performance, and the MaximumBarsLookBack can be set to TwoHundredFiftySix (which is the default setting).
                              • When right clicking in the chart and selecting Properties, you will find an option called Update Display Interval. This can be set to a higher value on charts you may not be viewing at all times to help improve performance. This will only delay the visual update and not the actual data or calculations of indicators or strategies.

For any items concerning your NinjaScript objects take a look at the NinjaScript section in the Performance Tips.

There is no one option to improve performance, and you may only need to use one of these settings on one chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred