Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Code changes made in Ninjascript editor not saved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code changes made in Ninjascript editor not saved!

Hi,

If I create a new strategy by clicking Tools/New Ninjascript/Strategy I am presented with the strategy wizard. After entering a name for the strategy I click Unlock Code which takes me to the Ninjascript editor.

I then make a bunch of code changes, hit save, compile then close the editor. I do some testing of the strategy and see it does basically what I wanted it to do.

I then want to make further changes, so I go to Tools/Edit Ninjascript/Strategy and choose my strategy. The wizard is then presented again and I have to press Unlock Code again (isn't it already unlocked?). When the editor pops up, none of my code changes are there!

I have gone around in circles with this about 6 times and I'm really starting to pull my hair out. Can anybody suggest what might be happening here?

Cheers,

Luke

I deleted the strategy, restarted Ninjatrader, followed the same process as above and now it seems to work correctly.

Is this a bug that has been encountered before? Glad it seems to be working again but I get very nervous at the thought of losing code again, especially when I'm further down the development path.

Comment

Originally posted by HitTheCity View Post
      I deleted the strategy, restarted Ninjatrader, followed the same process as above and now it seems to work correctly.

Is this a bug that has been encountered before? Glad it seems to be working again but I get very nervous at the thought of losing code again, especially when I'm further down the development path.
      That's bizarre. I've always unlocked my code and never seen anything like this.

7.0.1000.8 here on 32 bit vista.

Out of curiosity, did you import/remove any ninjascripts before you restarted?

Comment

Hi Sledge, thanks for the reply.

No, I didn't import/export any ninjascripts prior to experiencing the problem.

Haven't had the same problem since, but I'll be sure to post any more information I can glean if I do encounter it again.

Comment

HitTheCity,

If you find replication steps, please let us know them so we can check into it further. I am happy you have resolved your issue in the mean time.

Thanks for your continued interest in NinjaTrader, and please don't hesitate to contact us should you require assistance.
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do Adam, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM