Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PriorDayOHLC Inticator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PriorDayOHLC Inticator question

Hi,

I'm using PriorDayOHLC for 5min data, to receive prior day close for different stocks.
    What I found out is that in some cases the price is different from the official EOD price.
    In the attached print screen you can see the different between the EOD price for 5min and daily series for AXP.

How can I get the prior day close price for 5min series that math the daily EOD prices?

TX in advance
    Attached Files

Hello freewind,

Thank you for your post.

Different data providers will use different trading hours for their daily data. For example, they may only report price data from RTH for the instrument or they could use the OHLC from the entire 24 hours of that day.

Because the volume for the daily bar is higher than that of your minute bars, it would appear that the Daily bar is using a wider range of data than you have included for in the session template for the minute bars.

The PriorDayOHLC indicator within NinjaTrader will plot the OHLC price based on the session template that you are using for your chart. For this reason, it may not match the exact data of a corresponding daily bar.

To apply a session template to a 24 hour bar, you can use a period of 1,440 minutes. This will build the bars based on minute data and allow you to apply a session template to the chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Because the volume for the daily bar is higher than that of your minute bars, it would appear that the Daily bar is using a wider range of data than you have included for in the session template for the minute bars.
      Of course the daily bar volume is bigger then a single 5 min bar!

I'm using Kinetick data with RTH session that should not use after hour data, but the last bar of the day in the 5min chart include after hour quotes. How can I use data only of trading hours?

Comment

Hello freewind,

Please try building a 1440 minute bar instead of a daily bar. Apply the US Equities RTH session template and see if the values are the same.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Kaledus