• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Secondary data series in Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secondary data series in Indicator

Hi,

I have recently finished backtesting a strategy where I added in 1 second granularity, which when applied to the 15 min chart I wanted to test on gave me accurate entry/exit results without soaking up loads of processing capacity - which would have happened if I went down to tick by tick. (I ran 5 years of data in the tests). Entry and exit signals where triggered by price.

I am now testing another strategy where I want to achieve the same, i.e. adding 1 second data to 15minute charts. This time however entry and exit signals are triggered by indicators only. Specifically I want to enter/exit when an indicator running on the 1 second data crossesabove / below a 15 minute bollinger band. The indicator running the 1 second data is a custom one - just a plot of a double.

Appreciate it if you can advise of the best approach.

Thanks in advance

mokodo,

Why not just store the value of the Bollinger band when Barsinprogress == 0, then compare when Barsinprogress == 1;

If you could clarify the logic you are using for this I would be happy to comment further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course. Couldn't see the wood for the trees. As always, thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pjsmith, Today, 03:28 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by Leeroy_Jenkins, Today, 06:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins