Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Undo Ctrl-Z for script editor and charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undo Ctrl-Z for script editor and charts

Hi,

I have two questions related the undoing of tasks.

In charts:Is there a way to undo the last Drawing Tool action?

Sometimes you delete or change a draw object in the chart and it would be really useful to have an Undo Key at least for the last action.

In script editor: Is there a way to stop clearing the undo actions pool when you save/compile the file?

It's common practice between programmers to change some code, compile it, test it, and if you don't like the results Ctrl-Z the code until you restore things to the original state. Now when you Compile the file it clears the Undo Actions pool making it unusable for me. A common behaviour will be to clear the Undo pool when you close/open the script editor window.

Kind regards,
    David.

Hi David,

These items aren't available currently. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I will notify our product development team so that your suggestions can be considered for a future version. These requests are assigned IDs #481 for the NS editor
    and #1627 for the drawing objects undo.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 03-20-2012, 10:01 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to second the request

Not having an undo option for at least your last drawing tool action is a serious pain. If you move a drawing on accident it can take awhile to add it back if it requires changing the time period on the chart.

If you add a Fibonacci retracetment with the end point on top of the beginning point on accident its almost impossible to select it and remove it. The only easy way to remove it is remove all the Fibonacci retracements and if you have a lot on the chart that is a lot to recreate. A simple undo button would take less than a second...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback - I will have your post forwarded to development as a vote for this particular feature request.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes