Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not able to load historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to load historical data

Just now I added NZD/YEN to my list and opened the 1H chart. It started filling the data (I am online), however, I cannot "Load historical data". The chart screen shows that it is "loading", but only the current bar is shown.
    The general conditions are set to load 5 days of data, up to the present.
    My other charts are OK AUS/USD etc., where today I have loaded up to 50 days of historical data.
    What other "buttons" do I need to press.
    Thank you in advance.

Hi oldhiker, which broker or datafeed do you use please? If you right click on the chart, is 'Reload Historical Data' as option?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have gone into Options\Data and it has not been altered from the AUSUSD etc feeds.
      Also, I have gone into Historical Data Manager\Download for the NZDYEN and downloaded the info, but still no change to the chart.
      Thank you from Oldhiker

Comment

oldhiker, which broker / datafeed do you connect to in NT please?

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
          I had added my second post before your reply.
          I get my data from FOREX.com in Australia, part of the MAIN group.
          Yes, right clicking on the chart brings up "Reload all historical data". When I do this, the chart loses all data and the note in the top LH corner says "Loading data".
          Each time that I do that to NZDUSD, I lose all the downloaded data from the current update.
          I notice that when I move the cursor across the chart, the time stays on the same hour reading, currently 2100 on the 1H chart.
          Recently, I has a gap in data and I was advised how to get the missing data by using the above option, and it worked as expected.
          When I "Reload all historical data" for the AUD/USD, which is the FX pair that I am using for all my learning/development, it works OK
          Thank you,
          Oldhiker

Comment

Thanks oldhiker, that would explain it - unfortunately the NZDUSD symbol is not recorded on the data server you access, hence you would only see the data you record yourself for the time you're connected to the live feed. In your Gain you can try changing to use Gain's own data servers - http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

The downside would be that the backfill would only be offered for the last 24 hrs and not more history as you're familiar with the other symbols using the NT data server.

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
              I have just tried two additional pairs, EUR/AUD and AUD/YEN, which I did not previously have on my default list, and they work as expected, automatically loading 20 days of data that is my current span for the AUD/USD.
              But still the NZD/YEN will not work.
              More confusion?
              Thank you from Oldhiker

Comment

Yes OldHiker, that could be the case - the more exotic NZDYEN would not be recorded on our data server, hence it unfortunately not offer a backfill - you can only receive realtime data and build a history locally by storing the data.

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
                  Thank you for your quick reply.
                  I do not intend to trade the exotic cross pairs, but I saw this on a sample setup and it looked interesting.
                  I will be sticking to the majors, mainly the AUS/USD, that will give me enough challenge.
                  All the best from Oldhiker

Comment

You're very welcome - I think you will also find the spread to be more convenient on the major pairs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post frankthearm  
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes