Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automated trading with NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated trading with NT7

Hi everyone , please give me some orientation about what will be the best set up ( combination) with Platform and Broker to do automated trading on Stocks market ?
    BasicallyI am forex trader and my own EA has been encoded on MT4 .This EA has options to do automated entries and exits by signals .Now , I wish to trade Stocks & Futures , but realize that MT4 isn't good enough for that and is not compatible with stock brokers. I didn't find a broker or a way to display stock charts on MT4 , except CFD stocks.
    I see with , IB ( interactive broker) is possible to get access on database through API system and using NT or other platforms .With your experience could you tell me please- what platform will work better and should be converted this EA ? Is it possible after that , to hook NT to more brokers and to trade automatically with this recorded robot (EA) properly and how ? This EA will , place and stop orders to the broker automatically without human intervention, even when you are away from your computer. Is this possible to do with stock's and Futures Brokers , as Forex do ?
    Thanks

sleeplessinVegas,

Welcome to the forums!

If you have the strategy logic available, you can convert the EA to a NinjaScript strategy. MT4 uses C, we use C# which is similar.

There are no differences between data providers as far as running a NinjaScript strategy goes, with the exception of the data itself. The strategy will be run identically otherwise.

It is possible to have multiple brokers with a strategy trading on them all.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend a data provider or broker as we must remain neutral, however plenty of people use pretty much every one of our partners for auto trading.

We support forex, futures, and stocks so if you have a broker that supports all three or a different broker for each one, you will be able to trade any of these financial products.

You can try out NinjaTrader for free as long as you want, you just need a data provider : http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let me know if I may assist further, and thanks for your interest in NinjaTrader!
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

new on Stock market

Hey, thanks for the quick response on my questions ! Now , I understand that NT should work well with automatic strategies and next step is to find broker - provider for data base on Stock auto trading .You saying - "You can try out NinjaTrader for free as long as you want, you just need a data provider"Is that means , like example - I am opening account with IB (Interactive Brokers ) and after that , I may connect NT -free version to them through API , and everithing is for free ?
      What about NT platform , that is on sell for $995 ? What is the differences , and can I use my automated EA software on that free NT version ? It's not so clear for me , what NT platform will be good enough to support automated trading software ? I am sorry for asking , too-many probably a silly questions and thanks again for the patience !
      Regards

Comment

sleeplessinVegas, you're welcome - yes the free simulation edition of NinjaTrader could connect to an IB account for retrieving realtime and historical data for trade simulation and backtesting - what you would need the live license for, is actually place live orders to this connected IB account then, since the simulation edition would not allow for that, you can only trade the internal sim101 account in NinjaTrader.

As I mentioned in your other thread, the EA will need to be reworking to be made compatible for running directly on NinjaTrader, as we use our own C# based NinjaScript programming language for indicators and strategies.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

new trader

Thanks,
          " NinjaTrader is a FREE application for advanced charting, market analytics, system development and trade simulation. "
          Okay , now is clear . If I want to use NT platform for live trading on the market , should buy a license for one broker only $995 and Otherwise is free for trade simulation.
          It's like " Admission to the cinema is free, but you must buy a tickets for the seat " .

What about , If I buy license for one broker only $995 , but month later I decide to switch to another broker / without permission- license for more then one / . Do I have to pay extra ?
          Yes ,I understand perfectly ,that EA must be converted to C# based NinjaScript programming.
          Thank you one more time for the help ,

Comment

sleeplessinVegas,

A license is only required if you wish to trade to a live brokerage account. Otherwise you can still have a fully functional platform for free, it will just trade to a simulated account.

Yes, you can convert your license to use a different broker at any time for absolutely no charge.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to assist.

Comment

trader

Hi again ,
              I want to trade on Charting software with NT on Interactive Broker automatically ,but need more experience with the software , and to do testing on market diagrams my strategy ? Is it possible to connect free - IB demo account and free NT version platform through API ?If yes , is there any instruction , how to connect NT platform with IB through API , because I don't see way in my free versions ??
              Thank you

Comment

sleeplessinVegas,

You can sign up for a free simulated key that would allow a connection to IB, however if you are using a IB demo account the data is delayed, and unfortunately this doesn't work as a connection to NinjaTrader. You would need a live, non-delayed feed from IB in order to be able to connect to IB.

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Comment

Hi guys ,
                  I am little confused now. This is the answer from IB , regarding demo connections :

"There are no restrictions on our side to connect anything to our API, but unfortunately it is my understanding that Ninjatrader only allows the licensed version to connect to brokers. Please contact Ninjatrader support for more information on this "

So which one could be demo version IB or NT and ,what is your suggestion in this matter ?
                  Using licensed NT platform or real IB account for training purposes ?
                  Thanks , one more time !

Comment

sleeplessinVegas,

You can connect to any supported data provider you wish using the free simulated license, its just that they have their own requirements on their end for getting the data. NinjaTrader is not a data provider. With the simulated key, you could connect to the majority of data providers, get live quotes, and then paper trade to a local simulated account.

I have an IB connection myself here with a simulated license, however the main issue here is that NinjaTrader won't work with delayed data from IB. A demo account from IB has delayed data so you would run into an issue here. If you had a live IB data feed, it would work as expected.

What instruments are you looking to trade? Some data providers offer non-delayed data for demo accounts. You could also ask IB if its possible to give you a demo account with the un-delayed data.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hey,
                      thank for the clear explanations . It's make sense for me now .On IB , I am looking to trade automatically mostly Stocks and possible Forex - Futures . My plan is - trading automatically Futures with TradeStation account , but they don't allowed NT connection I think .
                      Can you suggest me some - data providers with non-delayed data for demo , because otherwise should pay on IB real accounts fee during the training time .

Comment

sleeplessinVegas,

I can't specifically recommend a broker / data provider as we must remain neutral. All of them are pretty good, there is just that one issue with delayed data from IB.

Zenfire and CQG based brokerages offer 30 day demo accounts without delayed data. There are others as well. We do connect to tradestation, however.

If you are doing all your testing for an eventual account with IB you may want to consider getting an IB un-delayed feed as there are slight differences in data providers.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

trader

Hi ,
                          I would like to create a "paper trading" IB account to test with NT , but don't see instructions to connect NT and the TWS . Can you please , help me with NinjaTrader Connection Guide for IB .
                          Thanks

Comment

Sure thing, please refer to this guide on our pages - http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

rtader

Hey guys,
                              finally I got an opportunity to use and learn NET on demo account with CQG. For my strategy system I am using custom indicators as Gann HiLo and Center of gravity.
                              What is the way to insert them and my robot software as well ? And is it possible to do back testing on NT demo version for automatically strategy ?
                              Thanks for the support !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post hazylizard  
                              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes