Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why so many "References"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so many "References"

I'm creating a custom indicator and when I look at the references of it, it includes other third party references although I'm not using them within my code. Why does the indicator call out these references? It's causing an error because one of the third party indicators has an error which is causing an error in my new code. Any thoughts? Can I simply delete the reference without destroying all the work I've already put in?

Thanks.

Hello,

Are you referring to when you right click on the code and select "References"?

If so, these are general references to all of your NinjaScript indicators and strategies and not related to the particular project you're working on.

What is the error you are receiving from the 3rd party? Does the DLL file that is being referenced actually exist in the target location?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I guess I made some assumptions. The problem is when I enabled the strategy and viewed the strategy tab, it was yellow as opposed to the expected green. I looked at the log file and see many errors related to one of the third party indicators and therefore assumed it was causing the issue. I'm now in replay mode and my strategy is working fine. I'll experiment a bit more and let you know.... Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

The strategies tab will display yellow while the strategy position is waiting to be flat before processing real-time orders.

This is controlled under Tools--> Options--> Strategies tab--> NinjaScript tab--> "On starting a real-time strategy".

When "Wait until flat" you will see the strategy turn yellow until it has determined the strategy position should be flat.

Please see our Help Guide on Understanding the NinjaScript tab for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses