Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I create memory efficient Time Series Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create memory efficient Time Series Data

Hi,

I've got a general general question about using Time Series Data in Ninja Trader. Please note, I am new to NT, and have gone through the various tutorials and been searching through the help files. Also note, I am new to C#, but have other programming experience.

Question What is the most memory efficient way to access and manipulate the data that I see on the chart. In particular, say I have the ESH8 contract charted. How do I create a new data series, starting at some arbitrary point in the past, and continuing to the present bar. For example, if is is 7:00pm CT, then I'd like to create a data series that starts at 3:15pm CT. It would have the general format of (Current Price minus Closing Price at 3:15pm). That is, it would be 0, at 3:15, and then give the offset, plus or minus, from the closing price at 3:15. I suspect that there is a standard newbie way to do this, but that there is probably a slicker more memory efficient way to do this, that I might not discover for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Llew

Please read here on how to use a DataSereis object: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...iesObject.html

Comment

Thanks. I'm working through it now.

Llew

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM