Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PlotStyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlotStyle

Hi there,

I am writing a tiny "Indicator" which only purpose is to display Price levels in the Price Pane.

I want to draw these levels using only horizontal line segments ; PlotStyle.Square draws vertical line segments which I am not interested in, and PlotStyle.Hash doesn't draw continuous horizontal segments as soon as the Width exceeds 1.

What should I use?

Thanks in advance
    Dominique

Hello,

I'm not certain I am following - would you be able to post a mock up of what you're trying to accomplish?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK ... the 1st picture is what the PlotStyle "Square" does.

But I don't want the vertical lines to plot ... the 2nd picture is what I want to achieve ... how do I do that?

Thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

From your first screenshot, there is a value on each bar that you are plotting. If you would like to prevent the vertical line from plotting, you would need to explicitly Reset() the plot value for those bars to empty the value.

A more streamlined method would be using DrawLine() instead of a plot. This will give you control over the exact X and Y values where a line is drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          From your first screenshot, there is a value on each bar that you are plotting. If you would like to prevent the vertical line from plotting, you would need to explicitly Reset() the plot value for those bars to empty the value.

A more streamlined method would be using DrawLine() instead of a plot. This will give you control over the exact X and Y values where a line is drawn.
          Thanks for trying ... the vertical lines are drawn because this is what the PlotStyle.Square is designed to do ... PlotStyle.Line draws them a little different, but I don't want them at all.

PlotStyle.Hash almost does what I want (no vertical lines), but its plots appear as a dash line, instead of a solid line ... this is my (cosmetic) problem.

No, I don't want to draw lines myself, it is difficult enough to develop good trading strategies, I am not into creating a drawing tool to work around a glaring limitation of NinjaTrader. I am sure a new PlotStyle could be created in a matter of minutes, to do just what I am looking for, and that would benefit all users.

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion for the enhancement of NinjaTrader to our development team and it has been assigned the unique tracking ID # 1759. We appreciate your commitment in helping us to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks Matthew ... will you let me know when that change is made available, or how can I check its status?

Comment

F6 Hash Style

Hello,

Is there a way to plot a "Hash Style" line using the F6 key???

Thank you,

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dom993 View Post
                  Thanks Matthew ... will you let me know when that change is made available, or how can I check its status?
                  If there any updates, we will update this thread. You can always check on the status of this feature request by emailing support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and referencing this feature request ID.

Comment

Originally posted by TRS3042 View Post
                    Hello,

Is there a way to plot a "Hash Style" line using the F6 key???

Thank you,

Rick
                    You can change the dash style by double clicking on the drawn line and changing the "DashStyle"

Unfortunately the HashStyle is not available from the drawing tools.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cls71