• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Position Day to Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position Day to Day.

Is there a way to programmatically pull and display the current position in a contract that is accurate over several days and several sessions.

With my trading back end I need to restart NT every day, and all positions are reset at that time. So if I buy 5 one day, restart NT it would show a daily position of 0 and then I sell 5 to liquidate the position. Then I would see -5 for the daily position even though I am flat.

I am looking if there is a way to pull the actual position in a contract and a strategy at any time. So when I restart NT in the example above, I want to see the long 5 position and when I sell the 5 lots I want to see a net position of 0.

Thanks

elkinm,

Unfortunately there is no currently supported way of doing this. I could suggest to development on your behalf if you would like.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please make the request.

I was thinking that it may be possible to use the strategy analyzer scripts to come to the value.
      Ninja can analyze and give reports on previous trading. I was hoping that that engine could be used to give me the true current position.

Comment

elkinm,

I will suggest to development and get you a tracking ID. Please note there may be unsupported ways of getting this information. I would check out more of our forum and/or BigMikesTrading.

I will respond with the tracking ID.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sledge, Today, 06:11 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sledge
        by sledge

Started by Bionian, Today, 02:46 PM