Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to monitor resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to monitor resources

I've been developing some strategies which started out very simply with perhaps a few dozen lines of actual executable code (not counting variable declarations, parameters and the like).

Over time, some of these strategies have ballooned to hundreds of lines. The vast majority is just assigning values to variables, and/or logic, and some basic indicator references (getting moving average values for example). My strategies tend to be run on Range bars and are COBC = FALSE.

My question is: is there a way to determine how much actual time Ninja takes to update a strategy for a tick? Or, some other performance metric(s) that tells me how much the strategy is impacting the available resources.

So far I haven't had any problems, but as I add more instruments and the strategies become ever more complex, I'd prefer to know, ahead of time, where I might get in trouble.

What is best way to monitor system performance and/or anticipate problems? Or is it really just a subjective and empirical thing, just need to wait and watch for any problems?

Hello,

The best way to ensure your functions are being called as you expected is to use Print statements and checking the System time they are being printed. More advanced method would be using .NET's Stopwatch Class: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...stopwatch.aspx
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rtwave
    by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
    5 responses