Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Indicator/PC error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator/PC error?

A friend has provided me with an indicator he has created in NinjaScript. I imported it, but it refused to load/work correctly. It was suggested that the problem was that I was running an older version of NT, so I uninstalled the older version & installed V.10, then attempted to import the indicator. No joy.

The problems I have encountered so far are:

1. Import NinjaScript;

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

In light of this, I attempted to remove all older NinjaScript files.

2. Remove NinjaScript Assembly;

"Remove failed. You have custom.........." exactly as above.

I then tried to edit the NinjaScript indicator. Choosing the first in the list (ADL), I hit F5 to re-compile.

3. Edit NinjaScript indicator;

“Error on generating indicator”

Within the window, there is another error message:

“The following Ninja Script file(s) have programming errors and must be resolved before compiling:”

It identifies the path to the file I was provided by my friend & states that it could not be found (ie. Not identifying any programming errors).

I have attempted the fixes suggested in the forum guides:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4678

and also tried the 2nd stage fix of reinstalling.

In summary, I cannot import, edit, compile or remove

As the indicator works for my friend on his PC using V.10, clearly it is not a code error, so I'm surmising something to do with my PC.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Originally posted by Martinoc View Post
    A friend has provided me with an indicator he has created in NinjaScript. I imported it, but it refused to load/work correctly. It was suggested that the problem was that I was running an older version of NT, so I uninstalled the older version & installed V.10, then attempted to import the indicator. No joy.

The problems I have encountered so far are:

1. Import NinjaScript;

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

In light of this, I attempted to remove all older NinjaScript files.

2. Remove NinjaScript Assembly;

"Remove failed. You have custom.........." exactly as above.

I then tried to edit the NinjaScript indicator. Choosing the first in the list (ADL), I hit F5 to re-compile.

3. Edit NinjaScript indicator;

“Error on generating indicator”

“The following Ninja Script file(s) have programming errors and must be resolved before compiling:”

It identifies the path to the file I was provided by my friend & states that it could not be found (ie. Not identifying any programming errors).

I have attempted the fixes suggested in the forum guides:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4678

and also tried the 2nd stage fix of reinstalling.

In summary, I cannot import, edit, compile or remove

As the indicator works for my friend on his PC using V.10, clearly it is not a code error, so I'm surmising something to do with my PC.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Martin
    Is what you are importing an assembly, or is it in source code format?

Comment

Martin,

It would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of the compiling step. If you compile it should identify the problematic file, or at least give us an error message that we could interpret. It may be just as simple as a missing reference, which can be changed by right clicking in the editor > go to references.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's an assembly.

Adam, I've already provided the error messages that I've received - nothing has changed.

Next?

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martinoc View Post
          It's an assembly.

Adam, I've already provided the error messages that I've received - nothing has changed.

Next?

Martin
          Ask your friend if the indicator is using a custom namespace?

Comment

Martinoc,

It identifies the path to the file I was provided by my friend & states that it could not be found (ie. Not identifying any programming errors)
            Does it only identify the file and there are absolutely no other error messages? Please note that seeing this error message ourselves from the editor saves us asking a lot of other questions.

Is this a protected .dll assembly?

Comment

Screen shots attached.

The indicator is an unprotected dll assembly & does not use a custom namespace.

Thanks for your help.

Martin
              Attached Files

Comment

Martinoc,

If you right click in the editor > Go to "References", does this .dll file show up in that list?

Does the .dll file come with a .cs file with a similar name that is missing from My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / bin / custom / ?

Comment

Hi Adam,

Screenshot of the "References" window attached. The .dll file exists here.

There is no .cs file with a similar name within ......Custom.

Apologies for the delay in replying, I'm in Australia, Public Holiday etc...etc..

Martin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Martin,
                    I would like to make a support call to you. Please send a land line number to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Also please let me know:
                    A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone)
                    Launch our remote support application from the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/remotesupport. Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. I will need these from you once I have you on the phone.

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to our support call.
                    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have removed all custom indicators from my PC, uninstalled & reinstalled NT & loaded a newly-provided copy of the indicator from my friend & I'm encountering the same error messages!

Comment

Hello Martin,
                        Please resend you a land line number to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Also please let me know:
                        A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone)
                        Launch our remote support application from the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/remotesupport. Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. I will need these from you once I have you on the phone.

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to our support call.
                        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                        117 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post jculp
                        by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM