Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HMA - extend value to the current bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMA - extend value to the current bar

Hello everyone,

as you can see in the Chart: I would like to move the value of HMA every time when a new bar opens.
    With two bars, a value for the current bar.With three bars, a value for the current bar etc.

The goal is an Enter Long Stop Order for the price, reached before, which has not yet reached by the current bar.

But how can i prolong the value (of any MA), each time to the current bar (when it opens)?

Thank you for your support!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Deogenes; 06-22-2012, 04:54 PM. Reason: HMA - extend value (from the last Bar) to the current bar

Originally posted by Deogenes View Post
    Hello everyone,

as you can see in the Chart: I would like to move the value of HMA every time when a new bar opens.
    With two bars, a value for the current bar.With three bars, a value for the current bar etc.

The goal is an Enter Long Stop Order for the price, reached before, which has not yet reached by the current bar.

But how can i prolong the value (of any MA), each time to the current bar (when it opens)?

Thank you for your support!
    Why not just displace the HMA one bar forward by using the indicator configuration dialog?

Comment

[Why not just displace the HMA one bar forward by using the indicator configuration dialog?]

Hello koganam,

first of all, I've noticed that I twisted my code. Instead of: HMA > / (<) Close I wrote: Close > / < HMA so the results very different

Now it works fine, just because you make me thinking!

Displacement is clear and known, but it's not what would be possible:if you look at the chart,
      you can see many reasons why it would be useful the HMA points to extend.

So I think it's still very interesting. If you could program it really well, it would certainly be a fine thing. And I'm far away from it

But maybe someone share my idea with his skill: I would be happy!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

[Why not just displace the HMA one bar forward by using the indicator configuration dialog?]

Hello koganam,

first of all, I've noticed that I twisted my code. Instead of: HMA > / (<) Close I wrote: Close > / < HMA so the results very different

Now it works fine, just because you make me thinking!

Displacement is clear and known, but it's not what would be possible:if you look at the chart,
        you can see many reasons why it would be useful the HMA points to extend.

So I think it's still very interesting. If you could program it really well, it would certainly be a fine thing. And I'm far away from it

But maybe someone share my idea with his skill: I would be happy!!!
        Hm. I see now that what you really mean is to draw a line form each HMA point until the line is cut buy price; the lines being drawn from the top plot when the HMA is pointing down, and from the bottom plot when the HMA is pointing up. That is an awful lot of lines. Are you really sure that you want to bog down your system with so many DrawObjects, especially if they are not being drawn on BarClose?

Comment

Are you really sure that you want to bog down your system with so many DrawObjects, especially if they are not being drawn on BarClose?
          It should be such that a change of direction deletes the lines previously, because this is no longer needed.
          The interesting thing - too - is that these lines would show Resistance and support very fast and optically god visible.
          Also, count Bars would be easier.

Comment

It should be such that a change of direction deletes the lines previously, because this is no longer needed.
            The interesting thing - too - is that these lines would show Resistance and support very fast and optically god visible.
            Also, count Bars would be easier.
            What about the lines that are never crossed? How long do they stay? We would be having lines on the chart from the PPT low in March 2009!

Comment

koganam,

you're right!!

However, it was an interesting learning process.The idea behind, made ​​me realize something now, what I did not previously recognized.

The bars themselves, in conjunction with the HMA, give everything you need. As you can see on my Chart i have only extend the highest value of a Bar / for a long Trade . And in the opposite direction the lowest value / for a short Trade.
              The moving average gives us a structure. The 3 Lines (Low,Middle,High) - that's what I've learned A long trade should not touch the bottom lines If the bar is above the HMA High = I have the extended lines (on a Bar High before) with HMA, which is always there. And for a short Trade reverse...

Thank you for your critical issues, wich helped me to understand my idea itself.By the way, I am located in trades with at least 8 ticks.The day was not in vain

The chart is fitting to me and perhaps also to other traders.
              Thanks, koganam ( a second time).
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
              0 responses