Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Version Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version Control

Hi,
    Has anyone used Microsoft Team Foundation Server for indicator code version control ?
    I'm seriously test driving NT to replace an existing extensive codebase in EasyLanguage.

If anyone has any experience, would really appreciate any background.

I'm not sure exactly what your question is. On the surface it doesn't seem to be related to ninjatrader.

I have not personally used Microsoft Team Foundation Server for source control but a lot of the world uses subversion, and nowadays mercurial or git have you considered using one of those?

A few months back my team switched our source control over to Apache Subversion from Visual SourceSafe, and we haven't been happier. Recently I've been looking at Team Foundation Server, and at ...

Comment

Version Control

Thanks overflowing.

Yes this is not a NT question. I've been given the task of evaluating NT as a replacement for Tradestation and in the process of analyzing what it would take to port over a substantial codebase from EasyLanguage to NS. As I do my analysis, I need to do a lot of coding an testing iteratively in NT and maintaining versions of my code becomes critical and given that NS is C#, I got the idea of using TFS.

Comment

Have you used version control before? And do you already have Microsoft Team Foundation Server? The advantage of the other software I mentioned is that it's free and has wider adoption than the MS solution. Check out the stackoverflow question I posted in my reply above and read people's experiences and opinions of team foundation server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielTynera  
        Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle