Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why is the chart's view being "bounded"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the chart's view being "bounded"?

I'm drawing on a chart with some large moving averages that are far away from the current price action on 1 min and 5 min charts. But NT is drawing all of the moving averages so that they must always fit in the chart (the chart's view height is "bounded" by the largest moving average and this is compressing the size of my price bars to the point of unusability. I cannot widen the chart in the vertical direction so that the larger moving averages are no longer plotted on the chart.

Using eSignal charting as a reference, this type of thing doesn't happen. I'm never "bounded" by the ranges of lines (i.e. plotted moving averages) on the price chart.

NT programmers, you might want to consider allowing the user to move the chart around in the VERTICAL direction too. If I have the left mouse button pressed inside a chart and I pan it left and right, the chart moves left and right as expected. It doesn't make much common sense from a GUI point of view that I could not also move the mouse up and down with the left button pressed and have the chart's view move in the vertical direction also.

This is due to the AutoScale parm being set to True for the indicator.
    Autoscale will try and keep the indicator on the screen.

Open Indicators, Select your Moving average, and you will see the 'AutoScale' parm in the general section.

Comment

Zoltran, thanks, that fixes part of the problem.

The other problem is that the chart is still bounded from stretching in the vertical direction by the price bars' highest high and lowest low currently in the chart's view. Is there an AutoScale flag for the price chart itself too?

eSignal does this so perfectly why don't the NT programmers just copy the idea (like many others they already did)?:

1. Allow the mouse to pan the view vertically when the left mouse button is pressed and the user moves the mouse up or down.

2. Provide a button that can re-frame the view to more reasonable parameters in case the chart gets too distorted from user interaction.

Comment

Vertical scrolling is on our list of future enhancements.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses