Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exporting a NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting a NinjaScript

Hi ... I'm trying to export an indicator I recently built using the "Export compiled assembly of selected source files". I receive a message that my file can only be imported to a target PC if that PC has a series of other indicators I have installed in my version of Ninja but are not related to the strategy. How do I export this new indicator without that condition? Thanks

pman,

Was this message in your log or in a pop-up? You would need to include any indicators your assembly uses unless they are system indicators otherwise whoever uses your indicator will get an error when they try to import it.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it shows up in a pop-up (see below) ... the indicators that appear are 3rd party ones I use ... they are not related to the indicator I want to export ... not sure why they are showing up in the pop up ... how to I not make them a dependency for the export?
      Last edited by pman777; 07-31-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

pman,

Are these all 3rd party .dll files or are they exposed indicator code? You wouldn't be allowed to distribute 3rd party protected code here.

Comment

I'm note sure ... not familiar with this process. I don't believe they are dll files. the point is I don't want to include them at all ... not sure why they are showing up ... when selecting the indicator from the list to export, I only selected the one I just wrote

Comment

actually they are likely dll files ... cannot see their code

Comment

pman,

Unfortunately you would need to have whoever uses this indicator install these 3rd party .dll's as well. There isn't really any way to combine them into 1 file.

Comment

Originally posted by pman777 View Post
                it shows up in a pop-up (see below) ... the indicators that appear are 3rd party ones I use ... they are not related to the indicator I want to export ... not sure why they are showing up in the pop up ... how to I not make them a dependency for the export?

You can either remove those indicators, export, then reinstall the indicators, or
                Take the easy way out, and build yourself a clean NT environment that you use only for exporting indicators.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB