Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Freeze up "AppHangB1" Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze up "AppHangB1" Error

My system freezes up, producing a "Apphang b1" error message. I have eliminated Hardware, I use Trading Computes System, the technicians have gone through my system found no issues whatsoever. Talked with NT help desk about four times, not much help from them I get same suggestions over and over.

Has anyone run across this problem. if so, how do you resolve? I appreciate any comments on this topic.
    Thank you, Regards
    Barry Crockett

barryc,

Are you working with anyone currently via email? Did they request your log/trace?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Adam, thanks for reply, yes I have sent log/trace files a number of times, also sent Appcrash file which the Trading Computer tech guys got for me.
      Again appreciate any light you may shed on this issue.
      rgds
      barryc

Comment

Thanks Barry, could you please PM me the ticket # you got assigned in our system for the log and trace sent?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

B, Give me a little time.... got to dig into my email files to find correspondence.
          Here are some Tkt # 651617, 663706 and 667572. Also the techs have addressed,
          1) computer running near or at maximum,
          2) too many charts running,
          3)custom Indicator creating havoc
          4) Chart updates .25-.50, and end of bar update,
          Last edited by barryc; 08-02-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

ApphangB1

I have the same error message when NT freezes up when I try to right click on a chart and choose strategy.... I have sent the files to Paul - but did you guys ever find a reason and solution for this NT freezing issue?

Regards

Comment

Hello everington_f,

Thanks for your post. I have received your files and replied with update steps and asked for additional information. As you have posted on this thread are you also advising then that you get the "Apphang b1" message?
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes sir. but only when I try to access the strategies on a chart right click. Also the strategies tab on control center doesnt allow a new strategy to be added.

Comment

yes I am working with Paul. Thankyou and looking forward to a solution....

Comment

NT Freeze up on strategy tab Solution

Ok so once the inevitable newist NT version is reinstalled and in my case TWS the same version reinstalled - both of which obviously have nothing to do with the freeze up of course - the solution for any of you who experience an NT freeze when right clicking on a chart and then clicking strategies - or have freeze up problems when using the strategies tab in control center is as follows:

Although your code may compile you must have made revisions to a strategy (usually loop logic) that cause a freeze up when loading that strategy to the strategy list. Simply revert to the code that you had before the NT freezing up began. In may case I was using the same variable for two separate loops and this caused the strategy to freeze NT despite the fact that it compiled.

Regards to all

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post terofs
                    by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                    1 response