Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy and plotting a line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy and plotting a line

Hi,

I want to generate automated trades with EnterLong() and its cousins. I'm told I have to use a strategy since EnterLong() will not work inside an indicator (compilation fails).

I also need to have lines drawn on the chart. These lines will represent the entry and exit points that are being monitored. Should the price action hit them, orders to buy or sell will be automatically generated.

Add(new Plot(Color.Green,PlotStyle.Line, "PlotBuyLine"));

is giving me the following error when I try to compile my strategy. Is this supported? If not, what are my options?

Error: The best overload method match for NinjaTrader.... has some invalid arguments.

Thanks in advance.

-mp

Hello,

It is possible to plot from a strategy, however it will be a little different than you use in an indicator.

Please take a look at our reference sample on Plotting from within a NinjaScript Strategy and let me know if you have any questions:

When running a strategy on a chart you may find the need to plot values onto a chart. If these values are internal strategy calculations that are difficult to migrate to an indicator, you can use the following technique to achieve a plot. NinjaTrader 8 With NinjaTrader 8 we introduced strategy plots which provide the ability
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes