Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import txt data file through software using NTDLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import txt data file through software using NTDLL

Sir,

i have historical data and i can convert then into text file as per NT format and import using historical data manager. I want to do this using code/software. I have tried Lastplayback function of DLL but it does not work as it imports the data but at current date and time. Is there any other function which can send old data into NT with time stamp. Alternatively, i can create a .txt file with proper formatted data but i do not know how to import it into NT using DLL function. Kindly help.

Thanks.

shalabh,

Hopefully someone can help here as this would be unsupported. You can try to convert your data to a format NinjaTrader expects and then import it using the Historical Data Manager however.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      shalabh,

Hopefully someone can help here as this would be unsupported. You can try to convert your data to a format NinjaTrader expects and then import it using the Historical Data Manager however.
      Thanks for reply.

That i am doing. But backfilling 20-25 symbols manually is a time consuming and tedious work. So i request senior members here, if anyone can suggest me how to automate the process of importing either formatted text file or historical data directly into NT.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by shalabh View Post
        Thanks for reply.

That i am doing. But backfilling 20-25 symbols manually is a time consuming and tedious work. So i request senior members here, if anyone can suggest me how to automate the process of importing either formatted text file or historical data directly into NT.

Thanks in advance.
        do a forum search for "import data into" or something... will turn up a few threads, like this one which might help you

Comment

Thanks for reply sledge,

I have searched this forum and also on google for the same but could not find something. Just another query, is it possible to write NT script which can import historical data into NT, I think this should be possible. Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for reply sledge,

I have searched this forum and also on google for the same but could not find something. Just another query, is it possible to write NT script which can import historical data into NT, I think this should be possible. Please help.

Thanks.
            The link I provided in my first reply is an entire thread on the topic, and also takes you to the NT Historical Data Manager - where you can import there.

Use Excel or OpenOffice scalc, and manipulate your data into the required format.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              The link I provided in my first reply is an entire thread on the topic, and also takes you to the NT Historical Data Manager - where you can import there.

Use Excel or OpenOffice scalc, and manipulate your data into the required format.
              Dear Sledge,

I have already made a program which converts csv files in the text files as required by NT with proper formatting. I am also manually importing them using Historical data manager of NT. What i want is the way to automate importing of these text files so that my software which is creating the text files directly import historical data into NT. Hope i am able to make myself clear.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Shalabh:

Have you find the way to import data into NT auto?
                I have the same question here.

Comment

No. NT does not want that it should be imported Auto. So they do not have that provision and not willing to make either. At least it seems so.

Comment

No. NT does not want that it should be imported Auto. So they do not have that provision and not willing to make either. At least it seems so.

What exactly is meant by AUTO? I will need to poke around tomorrow on that function.

I've just written a multiday contract dowload script for NT market replay download. i dont have a means of releasing it or selling yet.. I am not sure if i want the burden of maintaing the code for say 5 users....when its been released and copied everywhere else...

Comment

AUTO means, one can import historical data into NT7 through a program (like it can be done for live data) so that third party data can be used on NT7 for live as well as backfill.

Regards,

Comment

Hello shalabh,
                        You can append historical data to NinjaTrader from an external application using the LastPlayback function in the Client.dll.

Please refer to this post to know more about it
                        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Joydeep.

But if u recollect, i have already discussed this issue with you. i can append data using lastplayback function provided data of later date/time does not exists on chart. Now suppose i have live charts running on NT and then realise that i missed some data 30 min ago. I would like to backfil that through my program. When i do this with lastplayback function, i get the current candle build up as per the data i feed where as it should goto the bars which are missing from my chart. That is the problem of lastplayback function.

This issue does not arise when i import the data manually from data file. it goes to it's proper place.

Regards,

Comment

Hello shalabh,
                            Yes, I do recollect and unfortunately it is currently so.

I will forward your feature request to development for future consideration.
                            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sir:
                              May I use NtDirect.dll directly in the NT script?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes