Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import NinjaScript File (zip) Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import NinjaScript File (zip) Warning

Hello,

On attempting to import a custom indicator (from this site I believe), I received the following pop-up:

"Import NinjaScript File (zip) Warning - You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File." Please see attached.

I have downloaded many custom NT indicators from this site and others recently and over the years. I have not written any of my own.

How can this be resolved?

Please advise.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you Matthew for your quick response.

There were multiple errors noted but all appear to be similar.

I have attached a screenshot of one of the errors with the name and description fields highlighted.(line 152, column 10)

There is also an error on line 144 column 10 for the same indicator.

What's interesting is that there is no error on line 147 which looks to me like it is written exactly the same.

Also, these particular indicators were downloaded months ago. I have downloaded many more indicators since then without receiving any error warnings.

I wonder why the error warnings have appeared now, months after they were originally downloaded

Please advise.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It looks like you are missing the ZeroLagTEMA indicator as well as the ADXVMA.

I am attaching these two indicators that are needed for those other to compile. You will need to save them in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Once you have saved the files there, please compile the script and test again.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Matthew, that resolved those issues.

Please send me the ZeroLagEMA and SMMA indicators to reslove the rest.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm surprised I had all of these

Hopefully that does the trick.
            Attached Files

Comment

All issues resolved.

Thanks again Matthew!!!

Comment

Matthew, I'm having the same problem. I have am not doing any custom work with NT, just trying to install a new 3rd party indicator. I already have a 3rd party indicator installed (Logical Forex). I tried adding the 4 files already mentioned, to no avail. I uninstalled LFX indicator, and still won't let me install new indicator. Please help! Thanks...

Comment

phranq,

Please email us at [email protected] along with a description of your issue. We'd be happy to assist further there.
                  Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same problem

heres my screen shot... i got this error.

but this indicator which is responsible for the error is removed everywhere.

what can i do now ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello notebookled,

Right click on the indicator code and select References
                      Look for the mentioned indicator and select Delete
                      Compile again to see if there are any more errors.
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes