• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

3 day Low Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 day Low Exit

hi all - new to NJ scripting and perplexed with folloiwng

trying to exit any long trades for when the current low is below the lowest low for the previous 3 days - following my script:

if ((Low[0]) <= (MIN(Low, 3)[1]))
    {
    ExitLong("", "out-L(p)");
    }

when i run the script (and print out the necessary numbers), the script enters a Long position, however does not exit as expected on a bar where the low is clearly below the min of the following 3 days low (the printed out numbers suggest that the condition is true, current low below MIN).

the system behaves as expected for any Short trades where i have something similar (current High above max of previous 3 day highs)

any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong is very much appreciated - thanking you in advance; cheers...

...jurgen
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jurgenC View Post
    hi all - new to NJ scripting and perplexed with folloiwng

trying to exit any long trades for when the current low is below the lowest low for the previous 3 days - following my script:

if ((Low[0]) <= (MIN(Low, 3)[1]))
    {
    ExitLong("", "out-L(p)");
    }

when i run the script (and print out the necessary numbers), the script enters a Long position, however does not exit as expected on a bar where the low is clearly below the min of the following 3 days low (the printed out numbers suggest that the condition is true, current low below MIN).

the system behaves as expected for any Short trades where i have something similar (current High above max of previous 3 day highs)

any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong is very much appreciated - thanking you in advance; cheers...

...jurgen
    Hard to say without seeing more of the code. Are you sure that you have used the correct EntrySignal name to tie to the ExitLong() order?

Comment

hi koganam - thanks (i just worked it out due to your post)

need to change ExitLong("", "out-L(p)"); to ExitLong("out-L(p)", "");

cheers - jurgen

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Gerik, Today, 10:58 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Gerik
      by Gerik