Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Trader Position Does Not Match Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Position Does Not Match Account

I was trading on a chart using the Chart Trader. You can see that my entry positions and Exit Positions shown on the attached chart. Prior to the start of that trade I was Flat. At the end of that trade I was also Flat. But as you can see, the position reported in Chart Trader shows that I am still Short 2 contracts which is incorrect. These trades were placed using an Interactive Brokers account. I can look at the IB TWS and see that the position was in fact closed. I am using NT7.0.1000.10 since 11 is still in testing with IB accounts. I am using IB TWS 921.5.

I have 2 questions:
    1) Is there a setting that prevents this problem from occurring?

2) Is there an Event that I can trigger using C# code to force the Chart Trader to refresh its information with my broker? Note, I would assume this would be unsupported, but
    a) I want to know if it is possible, and
    b) I am hoping one of the other experienced programmers on the forum may have a code snippet where they've already done this.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Was this a live account or a paper account?

How many accounts do you have connected to NinjaTrader associated with TWS? Is there more than one account connected?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes, it is a Live Account. And I have several account connected through the Adviser account. The trade was placed in one of the managed accounts.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

TWS will only send position updates to one account at a time. When using multiple accounts, you may see where the position is not updated for a few minutes. TWS takes a round robin approach to update these accounts and should update these eventually.

There is no way that I know of to force the position update through custom code. The only way to force the position update for all accounts is to disconnect and reconnect to TWS.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes