Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator file path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator file path

Hello. I'm trying to find a zip folder so I can send an indicator to a friend. Not able to find where the indicators are located in NT7. Can someone give me the path?
    Thanks

Hello CaptainAmericaXX,
    If you have exported the NinjaScript code using the export feature then you can locate the zip file in the folder <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript\

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, when attempting the Export I get an error (CS0246)that the namespace of one of the indicators cannot be found. Everything has compiled ok. What could be the problem?

Comment

Hello CaptainAmericaXX,
        You may not have referenced/included all the indicators (including assemblies) and thus you are getting the error.

To assist you further can you upload the screenshots of the error.

The indicators are located in the folder <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\ (if they are source files).
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These are custom indicator
          I can't save the Log as a JPEG. The only option is CSV. The Attachment Manager is giving me an error when I attempt attachment. Sorry. Kind of new at this.
          This is the error message:
          Error compiling exprot sources:c:/User/Trading Computer/Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/Indicator/TrendStrengthA.cs(304,80) :error CS0246: The type or namespace name "MovingAverageType" could not be found. (Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
          Unfortunately this is above my head. I'll that I know is that the indicator compiles.

Comment

Hello,

You will need to include the TrendStrengthA.cs in your distribution file.

Please see our Help Guide article on .NET reference which will show an example of how to do this:

After adding the file specified, you may run into another error if there is another file missing - just keep repeating this process and adding the file mentioned until you can export successfully
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you Matthew, I tried that. There is something wrong with TrendStregthA. It compiles, but it will not export. Other files export fine. Not sure what to do.

Comment

Is TrendStrengthA what you're trying to export then?

Are you sure you can compile all indicators or strategies?

Is there maybe a MovingAverageType.cs file you need to add?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainAmericaXX View Post
                  Thank you Matthew, I tried that. There is something wrong with TrendStregthA. It compiles, but it will not export. Other files export fine. Not sure what to do.
                  It looks like you have another indicator that also uses an enum variable called MovingAverageType, defined in the global namespace as per the directions of NT. You need to locate that file, and include it in the export.

Otherwise, you should stop polluting the global namespace, and do things as suggested in Programming 101 class: "never pollute the global namespace unless it is absolutely necessary." I have never yet personally come across any situation where it has been necessary to pollute the global namespace with an enum variable. Then again, I do not know everything, so I am sure there are situations where it may be necessary.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Barry Milan  
                  Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888