Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader equivalent of MT4 scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader equivalent of MT4 scripts

Hi Folks

I'm just starting to use Ninjatrader, having a lot of experience with MT4 previously. I have written a lot of MQL code, and in particular I have a script which I double click, and it places a buy stop order on the high of the previous bar. If price rises, I get taken in, if it falls I'm not in a bad trade

In MT4 this was relatively easy to code a script. Is there something similar in Ninjascript? I was wondering if its possible to add buttons to the chartrader, with my ninjascript code behind it to do this?

I'm really just looking for a pointer in the right direction, because I can see running strategies but I don't think thats what I'm looking for - its more of a one off script to save me manually placing a buy limit order at the right place on the chart.

Many thanks.

Hello Steve, welcome to our forums here - this would be not natively supported in NinjaScript, but possible to add in via C# coding, so you can add a button in your strategy that could enable the needed order submission for you - some great starting ideas can be found here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=37910
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite  
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes