Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compile Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile Error

I don't know how to get rid of this error. Some time ago, I got rid of some unused references in Ninjascript (right-click editor window, select reference, and remove). I seem to recall part of the type name being a reference I removed. I have no idea what it's from or what it's for. I have no custom indicator or strategy by this name. I tried removing ever conceivable file that this might have been related to.

Also, note the file name in the screen shot. It refers to the fill type file, which I've never touched. At this point nothing will compile and I'll really stuck

Click image for larger version

Name:	compile_error.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	898995

I just did a search and found a Wilson dll in the bin of both NT7 and NT6.5, so I'm guessing I did something stupid somewhere along the line. I tried adding the reference back in, but even though the wilson dll file does exist, it doesn't show up on the add assembly list. Oh boy, I really screwed up this time. Would it help to reinstall NT?
    Last edited by coolmoss; 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM.

Hello coolmoss,

Reinstalling NinjaTrader will not help unless you delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder inside of the (My) Documents.

With that said, you can add back in the reference location of the WilsonORMapper.dll to be able to resolve this error, please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

*In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
    *In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

*Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
    *In the context menu click on ‘References’
    *In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button. Please note that if you do have the "WilsonORMapper.dll" inside the references skip to the next step.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :

*In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
    *Select all the missing DLL(’s) (located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7 for a 32bit operation system ) and then click ‘Ok’.
    *Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
    *The issues should not be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes