Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Not Working

Hi,

Can someone please tell me why this one plot will not work? The first part works fine (the Lime background color)

but the second half, even though it is the same exact script as the above working one will not plot... It plots perfectly sometimes when I first start NT and load charts then it just stops.. It will work again if I raise the final logic of the code (for the Bline indicator to < 50 instead of < 20...

Thanks for any help

Code:
    if (MEFLinRegAngle(60,14,3,9,3,false)[0] < 20  && MEFLinRegAngle(60,14,3,9,3,false)[0] > -20 && DoubleStochastics(10)[0] < 20 && BLine_MultiColor(35,10,80,20)[0] > 80)
                    {   
                    BackColor = Color.FromArgb(75, Color.Lime);;
                    }

if (MEFLinRegAngle(60,14,3,9,3,false)[0] < 20  && MEFLinRegAngle(60,14,3,9,3,false)[0] > -20 && DoubleStochastics(10)[0] < 20 && BLine_MultiColor(35,10,80,20)[0] < 21)
                    { 
                    BackColor = Color.FromArgb(75, Color.Red);;
                    }

tshirtdeal, any error in your log tab of NT when the code would stop working? Are you sure the condition triggers as you would expect - so if you plot this for example standalone, would it evaluate as you would expect judging from the individual indicator signals that it checks? Since you're not checking for any crossovers but just values being above / below a threshhold I think it could also overlap with the other condition triggering simply first?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the reply... The indicator does work correct and I have matched it with the indicators... The top half works fine... The bottom did work at first but then just stops and does not plot... I raised the < 20 to < less then 21 and it started working again the other day but stopped again... If I raise it t0o < 50 it plots but not what I need/want... I separated the two logics into two separate indicators and the top part plots/works but the separate bottom part still does not when set alone unless I raise it to <50...

Thanks for any help... I will check for error in log today...

Comment

Very strange, it works fine on some charts and stops working on others... the charts are templates so they are exact... Not sure what would cause this problem... The only error in log I don't know what it means is "unable to load serv side config file, the remote name could not be resolved"

Thanks for any help

Comment

tshirtdeal, the log error could be ignored for your plotting issue at hand - same outcome if you apply this script to a new workspace / chart without any template etc used?

If you like I can give it a run here on my end - for this please contact me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com

Comment

Hi,

Yes, same ordeal with no chart template and nothing else on the chart but the indicator... I sent you an email with the indicator... thanks for any help...

Comment

Ok, sounds good.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM