Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to trick NT7 into action on playing a WAV file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trick NT7 into action on playing a WAV file

Hi,

I have a locked down (3rd party) indicator which has the option to play sounds on a trigger. Would it be possible to point to a file other than a WAV in order to trick NT7 into triggering an action / script instead? Ultimately I'd like to generate a screenshot of the chart and email it when the indicator is triggered but if the forum can come up with a way to get NT7 to do something other than play a WAV, I can do the rest.

Thanks

Hello ki1ian,

By default NinjaTrader will only be able to play WAV (PCM type) files through the Sound API. You would only be able to change the sound file if the indicator has a user defined variable that sets what sound file to play.

That would be possible through some custom coding by use of the SendMail() function to send an email inside NinjaScript.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?sendmail.htm

Note that have to setup the STMP service first.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=45339

Generating a screenshot through NinjaScript is not something that we could support.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have got same problem ... would it be possible to start with a wav sound file a strategy condition?

Comment

Hello resist,

Yes, it would be possible to play a sound file using the Alert() method inside a Strategy. Note that if you have custom WAV (PCM type) files that you would like to play, you may place them inside the C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds folder to be able to easily select them.

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

my question was other ..

I think you didn´t understand the question.

There is a hidden indicator giving an alert and playing a soundfile.

I want to start a strategy when the alert is beeing played.

Also the Alert is written with a message in the Alerts Window.

Perhaps I could start a srategy when a new row in the alert windows is written?

Comment

Hello resist,

Thanks for clarifying that.

There would not be a supported way to start a strategy from an indicator Alert(). With that said the way you may go about doing this is call the indicator from within your strategy so that after you enable your strategy the values of the indicator can be used to create entry/exit positions.

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard. Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
            Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
            Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: http://youtube/fVFqw5W8uGI

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/Webinar/A...nt-Level-1.php

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

Dear RC,
              thank you very much!!! I got your answer and I think I understood it. You are very patience with me exploring everything how to learn creating strategies ))))

Please let me clarify my "hard" problem:
              I have got a wonderful indicator which is working with DLL´s.
              In my opinion it works profitable when I use it as quick as it gives it´s alert. In manual mode I am sometimes to slow - and I am monitoring all future markets!

You said:
              "With that said the way you may go about doing this is call the indicator from within your strategy so that after you enable your strategy the values of the indicator can be used to create entry/exit positions."
              This indicator (I can send you) doesn´t give any "value" - there is only an alert played as soundfile and the alert is printed in the alert list wndow.

So I am searching for another "indicator" which is monitoring the alert window and when an alert is printed there to give a value. This I could put in my strategy.

Is it possible to read the alert window????? This would solve whole problem???? Perhaps another programmer could code something????

Kind regards,
              resist
              Last edited by resist; 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hello resist,

There is not a supported method to read the Alert window.

You may want to contact the vendor/programmer that you got the code from to see if they have exposed the value so that you may use it in other indicators/strategies, but this method would require some custom programming.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes