Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Errors in Custom NinjaScripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in Custom NinjaScripts

I want to download a new Indicator and get messge :You have custom NinjaScript flies on your that have programming errors. Then it says I have to fix these before I can download the new one. I have proprietary indicators from online forex trainers downloaded and suspect this is where the problem lies. How can I have the error containing files and how can I fix them

I want to download a new Indicator and get messge :You have custom NinjaScript flies on your PC that have programming errors. Then it says I have to fix these before I can download the new one. I have proprietary indicators from online forex trainers downloaded and suspect this is where the problem lies. How can I find the error containing files and how can I fix them

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
      • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I want to download a new Indicator and get messge :You have custom NinjaScript flies on your that have programming errors. Then it says I have to fix these before I can download the new one. I have proprietary indicators from online forex trainers downloaded and suspect this is where the problem lies. How can I find the error containing files and how can I fix them

Comment

Were you able to compile the indicators? What were the errors listed?

Comment

I attached the screenshot , under the Ninja script file section is blank so I dont know where to find the error file(see screenshot)
            Attached Files

Comment

This indicates you miss needed reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
              • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
              • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
              • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
              • In the context menu click on ‘References’
              • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
              • In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
              • Select all the missing DLL’s (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click ‘Ok’. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
              • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.

The issues should now be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state
              Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.

Comment

I'm here (see screenshot)but none is highlighted in red on the reference screen
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The "NinjaTrader.Core.dll" and "WilsonORMapper.dll" should be located in your Program Files directory.

You will need to select the existing referneces you have and then press "Delete". Once deleted, please press "Add" and navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin and add the NinjaTrader.Core.dll file and press OK. You will need to repeat this for the WilsonORMapper.dll

Here is an example of my references.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely fantastic worked like a charm , once again thx for the awesome support

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick and you're very welcome.

Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I had exactly the same problem (error and files) and fixed with your clear advice.

Thanks,
                        Richard
                        Win 7 64-bit

Comment

EMA for low or high of bar

I want to add an EMA to my chart calculated on high of bar when the bar closes, but the listed EMA indicator does not give that option, it calculates only on bar close value. How can I achieve this?

Comment

Originally posted by pswarts View Post
                            I want to add an EMA to my chart calculated on high of bar when the bar closes, but the listed EMA indicator does not give that option, it calculates only on bar close value. How can I achieve this?
                            Hi. I would put your question into a new thread and delete from here. This thread topic of yours deals with the error you and I received, so many will not open.

Comment

tnx wiil do that

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses