Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting Entry and Exit manually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Entry and Exit manually

Hi,

Is it possible to assign an Entry order a specific Exit order, so NinjaTrader connects these two orders on the chart?

I have set of entries and a set of exits, however NinjaTrader seems to connect them in a kind of queue, i.e. first exit is connected to the first entry and so on, instead of actual sequence.

Thanks.

Hello alex.nt,
    Unfortunately there is no native way to do it. You have to further custom code your strategy to do it.

You have to assign custom name to entry/exits and exit the trades as per your desire.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do have unique names for Entries and Exits.

Do you mean that (*) if I use identical names for entries and exits then NinjaTrader should connect them as actual entry ---> exit on a chart?

I am not sure if that is right because NinjaTrader assigns Exits to Entries based on its own logic. If (*) had been correct then NinjaTrader would not have closed a single position.

In other words, what would be the way to assure that Entry A has Exit B, and only B?

Comment

Originally posted by alex.nt View Post
        I do have unique names for Entries and Exits.

Do you mean that (*) if I use identical names for entries and exits then NinjaTrader should connect them as actual entry ---> exit on a chart?

I am not sure if that is right because NinjaTrader assigns Exits to Entries based on its own logic. If (*) had been correct then NinjaTrader would not have closed a single position.

In other words, what would be the way to assure that Entry A has Exit B, and only B?
        By naming the Entry signal and specifying that the Exit is for that signal. e.g.,

Code:

ExitLong(string fromEntrySignal);
        There are other more elaborate overrides. ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?exitlong.htm

Comment

Hi koganam,

Sorry, I meant Unmanaged approach. As far as I understand signal tracking features do not work in this case (as stated in documentation).

So the question remains the same: how would one explicitly assign one order (Exit) to another order (Entry)?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geotrades1