Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

locking the chart when using global crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locking the chart when using global crosshairs

I love the global crosshairs feature. I use multiple charts and love being able to track when I move the crosshairs, and see the location on other charts...just awesome. However, is it possible to "lock the chart" in place when using the global crosshairs. There are many times I dont want the charts to scroll but stay right where i have them when using the global crosshair feature. Is it possible to lock the chart individually in place when using the global crosshairs so that chart doesnt move? If not, I really think that would be so awesome as a feature. I really hope its possible. It would be a tremendous help.

Interesting suggestion. We'll add it to the list of potential future enhancements.

Comment

Thanks, please do add it to your list of upgrades

I use multiple monitors and when i move the cursor across the screens when in global crosshair mode, all my charts move...lol. Which its supposed to, but many many times I dont want the individual charts to move, I just want the crosshairs to appear when I am looking at that section of the chart. HOpe that makes sense...but yes, please do add that to the list of upgrades or improvements. thanks a million.

Comment

Global Cross Hair

In a way this feature is painful, when scrolling from a chart with 30 min time frame to say a cgart with 30 sec. time frame. We need to scroll the 30 sec. time frame chart for a long time to reach the current time.

It is just a comment for the developers to take note .

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of potential future enhancements.

Comment

Global Cross Hair

The new feature for the Global Cross Hair, where scrolling one chart will scroll all the other charts simultaneously, is certainly a very neat feature.
            BUT you should be able to switch it off, as it can create considerable problems when using some charts, such as Volume Profile from FinAlg.
            It should still be possible to use the Global Cross Hair in the same way as it is in NT6, without having all the other charts scrolling. The global scrolling should be an option.
            It would discourage me from using 6.5 if I could not switch off this global scrolling.
            Many thanks for a great product and for your attention to this, Peter

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Global Cross Hair

Ray,
                I was hoping you'd take it into consideration it as something more than a suggestion.
                This is a case where it seems to me an "improvement" has reversed some valuable functionality that existed before.
                To be blunt, it is a nuisance when all the screens start scrolling like that. Imagine your cursor is on a 3 minute screen, and a 15 second screen you are using for Market Profile levels gets scrolled right off the page and the current price is nowhere to be seen.
                When all you needed was to compare levels . . . it was working nicely in 6.0 before.
                Can you please give us an option that retains the original functionality?
                best, Peter

Comment

This is an enhancement already planned for NT7 later this year.

Comment

But not too much later (I hope)...

After using the Global Crosshairs for a few days, I'd like to ask that what Piper has asked for be moved up to be included in an upcoming update (and the sooner the better.)

I consider the 6.5.1000.1 global crosshairs to be so annoying in its current state that I've turned it off. I consider it to be unusable in its current state.

In my opinion, parts of this are better than in 6.0, but part of it is actually much worse, so I think that another option needs to be supported.

You've probably got your own ideas on how to fix this. However, I'd like to offer my own suggestion, and that is that when in Global Crosshairs mode, the charts should not slide around unless one of these charts has been clicked on and thus selected. But, once one clicks on a window which contains something other than a Global Crosshairs chart, then sliding the mouse over the chart should not cause it to slide around. I wouldn't mind if the crosshairs moved in sync on all Global Crosshairs charts while the mouse hovers over any one of them, but I just don't want to see them jumping left or right, unless actually selected.

Thus, if you moved your mouse over a daily chart, it wouldn't cause your minute charts to jump around all over the place, unless you explicitly clicked somewhere on one of the charts that's in global crosshairs mode.

I like that the crosshairs will do something when you slide the mouse over the chart, but I don't like that it affects all of one's other charts at the same time. I only want it to be truly global when I select the chart; then it's OK to move all the charts in synchronization (which is a great feature when it's under control.)

(Well, I guess that pretty well beats it to death.)

Comment

Thanks for offering your comments.

Comment

I'd like to join the chorus on this one. I've also turned this feature off as it continually leaves my fastest (trading) charts short of the current price. For me, reverting to 6.0 functionality for this option would be a big plus.

diz

Comment

I'd like to join the chorus, sign me up!

Comment

I have a suggestion, add another option in the cursor selection, Global cross hair Master, Global cross hair Slave.

So that a Global cross hair Master chart selection will auto scoll all others with a global cross hair

A global crosshair slave will not auto scroll any other chart.

simple

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will send this to our development department for consideration.
                              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes