Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IQFeed - Erroneous Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed - Erroneous Data

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my backtesting and IQFeed data. Whenever I'm executing a backtest on a watchlist of stocks it sometimes gives me a fill of a price that is not within the range the stock is trading in, for example its trading in a range of $5.50 but the execution shows $550 without the decimal point. It's happened quite a few times, thus throwing off my results. How do I fix this problem or should I switch to a different data provider?

Hello elitetradernyc,
    Thanks for your note:

To assists you further may I know:
    1. What IQFeed client version you are using
    2. What timezone/regional settings your PC is set to.
    3. If you try backtesting the SampleMACrossover strategy that comes with NinjaTrader then are you able to replicate the scenario.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Sir,

its version 4.9.0.2, the time zone is eastern time zone, united states so its 118pm here.

I do not have the moving average strategy but i just created a strategy and ran it and a statement like for example would give me outsized gains for a stock trading at say $5 occassionally:

Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long && Open[0]>50

Please advise on how to solve...

Comment

Hello
        Thanks for the confirmation.

The current supported IQClient version is 4.7.1.3 Please uninstall the new version and install the supported version and see if you are getting the correct values. You can download the supported version from the below link.

Comment

Hi sir, I ran the update dividends and installed the version you recommended. That seems to have corrected the problem. Thanks,

Comment

Hey guys now unfortunately the problem for my data has returned. If I run optimizer it will usually find trades that buy a stock for the price of 0 and sell for $10 or buy for $5 and sell for $500, any ideas on how to solve this? I need it fixed so that I can properly perform my backtesting and optimization.

Comment

Hello elitetradernyc
              To assist you further can you please send a toy NinjaScript code* replicating the behavior to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please let me know the exact parameters you have set for the backest/optimzer.

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

*The "toy" just means something that is a stripped down version that isn't necessarily the whole logic. It makes things easier to rout out.

Comment

Okay give me a few days. One example, the system shows I bought CWTR, cold water creek for .60 on 9/11/2012 and sold for 3.76 on 10/16/2012 but the price of CWTR never got below $2 in sept 2012. I also tried updating the splits from yahoo but this didnt fix this trade issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite