Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATI function Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI function Strategies

Hi Patrick, thanks a ot for your quicky reply.
    I'm sorry, I'm new in NinjaTrader, and cannot good understand a difference between NinjaScript and ATM strategy (I tried to find it, but unsuccesfull).

I'll try to explain what I exactly need and what is goals of my efforts.

I have a friend, who trades (live) via ninja, by strategies (dont know how his code looks and what exactly does, I never seen it and he is not happy to send me (it would be too easy, right?)), which has a good performance for me. He agreed with "replicating" his trades done by some of his strategies, but no whole account (and all his trades on "subscribed" pairs - then I can use a MarketPosition() call) So I got an idea, if I develop a program, which capture a change of positions on his account, done by the first, second, third... (multiple calls and test the change) his strategy, it will signalise me that he (his strategy, respectively) did something, and my program send order in amount of change to my account (where runs my strategy, which only can read a signalised market (forex pair), amount and direction, and do the trade.

Please, can you explain me the difference between ATM and ninjascript code, and (if you can and time and inclination) idea what and how I can use to reach a goal? (sufficient is only an idea(s), not a code )
    Thanks
    Last edited by Horrigan; 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM.

Hello Horrigan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

This will pull ATM strategies for an account, not NinjaScript strategies from an account.
    string Strategies(string account)
    Gets a string of strategy ID's of all ATM Strategies of an account separated by '|'. Duplicate ID values can be returned if strategies were initiated outside of the ATI.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks a ot for your quicky reply.
      I'm sorry, I'm new in NinjaTrader, and cannot good understand a difference between NinjaScript and ATM strategy (I tried to find it, but unsuccesfull).

I'll try to explain what I exactly need and what is goals of my efforts.

I have a friend, who trades (live) via ninja, by strategies (dont know how his code looks and what exactly does, I never seen it and he is not happy to send me (it would be too easy, right?)), which has a good performance for me. He agreed with "replicating" his trades done by some of his strategies, but no whole account (and all his trades on "subscribed" pairs - then I can use a MarketPosition() call) So I got an idea, if I develop a program, which capture a change of positions on his account, done by the first, second, third... (multiple calls and test the change) his strategy, it will signalise me that he (his strategy, respectively) did something, and my program send order in amount of change to my account (where runs my strategy, which only can read a signalised market (forex pair), amount and direction, and do the trade.

Please, can you explain me the difference between ATM and ninjascript code, and (if you can and time and inclination) idea what and how I can use to reach a goal? (sufficient is only an idea(s), not a code )
      Thanks

Comment

Hello Horrigan,

Thank you for your response.

What you are looking for (unless I do not understand it properly) would be to receive when a strategy takes a position and essentially replicate that action on your end?

The difference between an ATM Strategy and NinjaScript Strategy is that an ATM Strategy is set to manage a manually entered order through an order entry window such as the Chart Trader or SuperDOM, where as a NinjaScript Strategy is truly automated and generates it's own orders and manages them it self.

For information on ATM Strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...m_strategy.htm

For information on NinjaScript Strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Yes, I think that you understand me right.

I need "simple" think: when the trader's strategy (one or more, which I "subscribe") does a trade, I need to signalise this fact to my program, which does the same on my (no-ninja) account (this I can solve, only problem is how I can tell to my program fact that strategy did a trade (and what exactly (where, volume, direction). Unfortunately, I have not access to trader's strategies codes.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Horrigan,

Thank you for your response.

You can use 'int StrategyPosition(string strategyId)' to see if a strategy is short or long, this would be the only method to find out if a strategy has in fact taken a position.

int StrategyPosition(string strategyId) gets the position for a strategy. Returns 0 for flat, negative value for short and positive value for long.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post XXtrader  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post MarianApalaghiei