Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error compiling export source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error compiling export source

Hi,
    Im new to ninja programming.
    I have one indicator that compile correctly and attach to chart.
    When I try Export this indicator and make zip format for use in other PC, get attached error.
    How to solve that?
    Regards,
    Attached Files

Hello RezaFx,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please go to the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center where you should find an error similar to the following:
    "3/6/2009 9:25:30 AM|2|4|Error compiling export assembly: C:\Users\NinjaTrader\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\MyCustomIndicator.cs(42,18) : error CS0118: NinjaTrader.Indicator.SMA is a type but is used like a variable"
    *This error may have a different error code and message depending on which variant of .NET you have installed. An error message indicative of this issue would include an indicator name without quotation marks.

Once you take note of the indicator listed in the error on the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center please go to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript and follow the directions at the following link to export the files and the indicator listed in the error: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_problems.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks.
      Found two errors:
      error CS0117: 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' does not contain a definition for 'StochasticsFast'
      error CS0117: 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' does not contain a definition for 'DoubleStochastics'

How to solve this?
      Regards,

Comment

Hello RezaFx,

Thank you for your response.

Please follow the instructions below taken from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_problems.htm
        1. Take note of which indicator is referenced by the error. In this case the StochasticsFast and DoubleStochastics
        2. Go to your NinjaScript Export utility. (New > Utilities > Export NinjaScript...)
        3. Under “Export objects”, select “System indicators”
        4. Add the indicator that was referenced in the error to the export list along with your custom NinjaScript by pressing the > button
        5. Press the “Export” button to create your NinjaScript Archive File. If you receive the same error again, repeat this procedure until you add all the referenced system indicators and are able to successfully export your custom NinjaScript.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,
          It works now.
          You are great. I am metatrader programmer and recently start Ninja Trader Programming.
          I found you have very professional Platform and support.
          Thanks again.
          Reza.

Comment

Another More question:
            After Export it alerts:
            "Please be aware that the exported NinjaScript Archive File can only be imported if the target PC has the following assembly(s) loaded: "

Is this warning or errors?
            I opened Zip files and it include all files.
            Regards,

Comment

Hello Reza,

Thank you for your response.

If you have custom assemblies in your installation of NinjaTrader (even if they are not used in your own custom coded NinjaScript files) and you export a file it can require that the user that imports the files into their installation of NinjaTrader has those assemblies.

It is recommended to export your NinjaScript projects from a "clean" development installation, meaning that you have no custom assemblies in the installation of NinjaTrader you export from.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks,
                Solved that.
                Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post love2code2trade